PDA

View Full Version : Professional Flight Training USA?

mikeEGNT
9th Jan 2006, 19:14
Hi,

I cant decide which company to do all my flight training with to the stage of CFI. The two companies are either fly orlando flight training or XXXX. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could post or PM me with any experiences they have had with either company or any personal recomendations to help my decision.

Mike

Keygrip
9th Jan 2006, 20:09
FAA, JAA or other?

Any experience so far?

You're not giving us much to go on when asking for us to solve your career - AND, why can't you decide? What is stopping you going directly to either one of them?

mikeEGNT
9th Jan 2006, 20:54
I have a PPL, and the JAA ATPL theoretical passed so im looking to work over their as an instructor to build hours on an FAA license then convert to JAA. I think this will be the most cost effective way to get a lot of hours. I am going to have to decide on my own career path i only asked if anyone had experiences with either company so i can get a good or bad perspective if any of either company.

Keygrip
9th Jan 2006, 21:35
So - you want to go Stateside - do hour building, an FAA Instrument rating, and FAA Commercial and an FAA Instructor rating (with written examinations, flight tests and Oral examinations in each) at your own expense, in order to get a job paying $10 an hour (engine running time).

Can either of the schools you have chosen get you the relevant work permit or work visa, and will either of them GUARANTEE you a PAID job at the end of the training?

How long do you hope to work in the USA before doing the conversion? How many hours do you think you will have amassed by then?

pilot-320
10th Jan 2006, 02:53
hello

why bother going through all these paperwork and delays of getting visas to study in america? I am proud of being european and glad that the most succesful ftos are based in europe . i can understand that the cost puts so many off but there are still many many sollutions. many schools here in the uk offering amazing courses with the same porice as the usa ones and they are just next to your door and life. apart from that many well established ftos based around europe are excellent with an in-house low cost training. i have many exmaples. i started a new thread about a new school in greece but it has been removed. dont know the reason but of course i wont argue. lets do a good research before reach a statement. whatever the cost it's still a cost and most of the time considerable. who said that the states are cheaper? has anyone ever mentioned the hidden charges and most of the price of the accomodation in florida for example?

I HAVE NO INTENTION TO PUT U OFF OR MAKE A BAD COMMENT FOR THE AMERICAN FTOS. JUST POSTING MY OPINION. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! :ok: :}

pilot-320
10th Jan 2006, 02:55
hello
why bother going through all these paperwork and delays of getting visas to study in america? I am proud of being european and glad that the most succesful ftos are based in europe . i can understand that the cost puts so many off but there are still many many sollutions. many schools here in the uk offering amazing courses with the same porice as the usa ones and they are just next to your door and life. apart from that many well established ftos based around europe are excellent with an in-house low cost training. i have many exmaples. i started a new thread about a new school in greece but it has been removed. dont know the reason but of course i wont argue. lets do a good research before reach a statement. whatever the cost it's still a cost and most of the time considerable. who said that the states are cheaper? has anyone ever mentioned the hidden charges and most of the price of the accomodation in florida for example?
I HAVE NO INTENTION TO PUT U OFF OR MAKE A BAD COMMENT FOR THE AMERICAN FTOS. JUST POSTING MY OPINION. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! :ok: :} MAINLY TALKING ABOUT THE NON ENGLISH GUYS OUT THERE AS FAR AS THE VISA IS CONCERNED

-IBLB-
10th Jan 2006, 08:48
No PM, but after everyone being so negative about you going to the US, i thought i might write something positive. :ok:

I too have been in the US (nearly 4 years) for flight training and working as an instructor and pilot. And i loved it. Sure it is hard work as an instructor there, working in the US and in Europe are two totally different things. You won't make a million bucks doing so (i must say that i think USD15 before tax per hobbs hours is more of a real number though) But i have had experiences that noone in Europe can talk about. I would not have missed it for the world! Now that i have seen the european way of flying too, i have had the opportunity to take best from both worlds. Besides the the stick and rudder stuff i have learned, it was good for me personally as well, not only growing up, but seeing different cultures, different people, different ideas. I think that is a very valuable thing too, that you can never learn if you stay where you are. (and i think that can be seen as a positive thing when deciding to train in europe, or in the US for all people)

As far as the choice of your school; I've heard both negative and positive things about both of them. In the end, i think you should choose the school which made the best first impression to you. It's not always facts and figures, sometimes you have to do what feels right, rather then what everyone else is telling you.

B200Drvr
10th Jan 2006, 10:26
MikeEGNT
Look at www.flyaviator.com
I attended the school, they got me the visa which allowed me to study aswell as instruct at the school for 2 years. It is ALL multi engine flying, I completed everything in 5 1/2 months, Multi private, multi IF, mutli Comm with single add on, and a CFI MEII. The cost is on the web, less than half the price of any other school in the USA. Most of the guys leave there after 2 years with 1500-2000 hrs ALL MULTI ENGINE. And the best thing was that I got it all for what they quoted me, no BS no suprises.
PM me if you need more info.

"V"
11th Jan 2006, 08:08
Hi thought i would jump on this post,

Anybody know what the conversion for a 1000 hr TT pilot to convert from an Australian CPL and multi eng. IFR to an American FAA would be?? and where would be a sure bet?? I'll be spending a fair bit of time around Seattle / Portland area. Does it make any differance to the conversion if i have completed my Australian (ICAO) ATPL's ??

Thanks in advance.

"V"

B200Drvr
11th Jan 2006, 09:51
"V"
Sorry Mate but in the US you dont get any credit for writtens from any other country. You have to write the full comm and do the oral and flight test with IF. Good news is you can do the whole thing in about a week if you meet all the flight requirements, bad news is that the oral test for Comm and IR are pretty tough comming from a foreign country, there is a fair amount of reading to do.
North west has lots of schools, believe American Flyers has a good school up that way.

"V"
12th Jan 2006, 01:46
Cheers for that mate, will look into it.

"V"