PDA

View Full Version : Nz Basic Gas Turbine Exam

Aileron Roll
8th Jan 2006, 01:57
Will be returning to NZ shortly after to many years away, as well as renewing Instrument Rating have to sit the BGT exam

.... would really appreciate details of any corresondence course available...or if anyone has any practice exams they are willing to let me have a copy of !

cheers !

flaming_moe
9th Jan 2006, 07:51
ASL don't have any samples available, but contact Contract Aircrew in Christchurch. Did my BGT with them, they do it internally. Really good course. They should be able to get some notes out to you.

MOE :ok:

Aileron Roll
9th Jan 2006, 08:51
Thanks flamin mo, will get hold of them !

NoseGear
9th Jan 2006, 09:26
Simuflite at Ardmore has an ASL/CAA approved CBT course with an inhouse computer exam, results instantly. The CBT will make you want to splatter your brains all over the wall after a few hours, but it beats the ASL exam as its at least practical!:ok: :E :eek:
Nosey

Hanz Blix
10th Jan 2006, 06:02
Do simuflight still exsist????????????????????????????????

Get some notes do 3 days study and sit the ASL exam, much cheaper! The exam is what it says...............Basic

good luck

6080ft
10th Jan 2006, 06:03
Simuflight no longer at ardmore - have not been there for maybe 2 years.

Now operate at CTC in Hamilton.

Nosey you've been overseas too long!!!

NoseGear
10th Jan 2006, 06:21
Sigh.....I know:{ :ouch: Sorry about the bum steer mate, but Hamiltron rocks on a weekend, doesn't it, or has that changed too?:uhoh: :confused: :D

Hanz Blix
15th Jan 2006, 01:21
Last time i went out in Hams it went off! something about those uni girls looking for some fun:)

G-LOST
20th Jan 2006, 20:28
Aileron Roll

Did you have any luck?

I rang the CAA and told them I was about to return to NZ, but they told me that as I have jet command time and a JAR ATPL, I would not have to sit the BGT exam. Just have to sit NZ ATPL law.

Interested to know how you get on, because we all know these things are not set in stone until you have the licence in your hand.

LOST.

catch
23rd Jan 2006, 00:26
Do simuflight still exsist????????????????????????????????
Get some notes do 3 days study and sit the ASL exam, much cheaper! The exam is what it says...............Basic
good luck

Do you have or know of any notes avalaible without sitting the 3 day course?
Curious

JetABro
24th Jan 2006, 07:39
Needing to sit this exam myself.
Dose anyone have a copy of "Basic Gas Turbine for pilots" by Rob Avery that they are wanting to sell or no longer need? Very hard book to find.
PM
Thanks

catch
30th Jan 2006, 01:58
Does anyone have a copy of BGT notes i could get hold of as i am having no luck sourcing any notes.
Help would be appreciated
ta

catch
30th Jan 2006, 01:59
i mean to sit the nz caa btg exam

G-LOST
30th Jan 2006, 18:57
Aileron Roll, I'm still waiting for an answer.. Any luck with your research?

LOST

Mach.29
30th Jan 2006, 22:03
Sat the BGT recently and had a win using Nathan Higgings and Rob Avery notes (both designed for ATPL systems).