View Full Version : gear accident in broome

scotch thanks
7th Jan 2006, 05:26
anyone got any further information?

all ok? fingers crossed.

The Voice
7th Jan 2006, 06:32
wow .. a man of few words, ;) should be a few more around. :p

(On a serious note though, what is it that you think happened?)

AerocatS2A
7th Jan 2006, 07:31
Yeah, I'm interested to know what happened too. Was paxing in to Broome on a 146 from Alice today and the Capt. said that there was a disabled aircraft on the runway and we may have to hold for 10mins.

Captain Nomad
8th Jan 2006, 00:47
Back to the top. Hasn't anybody got any info?!

Diatryma
16th Jan 2006, 04:40
FYR gear failure - all OK

Drydipper
16th Jan 2006, 04:56
What is it bout King Leo aircraft??? maybe just look at the engineer:yuk: :yuk: :ok:

the wizard of auz
16th Jan 2006, 10:50
gee, thats not nice bloke. could it be possible that a PILOT might have forgoten to use the big wheel shaped lever?. It happens when you give young, shiney new cpl's a start.

JSM
19th Jan 2006, 10:01
Hey Wiz, Just between you me, and everyone else on this ****** website, THE NOSE GEAR WAS DOWN AND LOCKED!!!!!

I Guess the EXPERIENCED pilot that happened to be flying it must have REMEMBERED the big wheel shaped lever thingy

I Hate what this forum stands for:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

the wizard of auz
19th Jan 2006, 12:03
Hey, I did say COULD have forgotten. could have been a few other reasons for it to belly up too. thirty year old aircraft do that sometimes. :hmm:

AerocatS2A
19th Jan 2006, 12:06
Well, perhaps you should have said nothing and waited for someone who knew what the hell they were talking about to fill us in eh?

JSM, I see where you're coming from but there are parts of this forum that are informative. Unfortunately there are also a lot of idiots.

dodgybrothers
19th Jan 2006, 15:24
Hey, I did say COULD have forgotten. could have been a few other reasons for it to belly up too. thirty year old aircraft do that sometimes. :hmm:

yeah 30 year old aircraft do that only when the maintenance is not kept up. Plenty of very airworthy 30 yr old aircraft still flying and in good nick. Not saying the a brand newy wouldn't either, but there are a lot of operators around that have had no stacks by looking after their aircraft.

Dog One
19th Jan 2006, 21:45
I am confused, JSM says the nose gear was down and locked, yet other posts say it landed on its belly? Flew FYR when it was brand new. When it was sold, the new owner decided to close the nose wheel doors by selecting the u/c up. The nose leg prompty retracted and FYR finished in a nose down attitude with a bent prop.

AerocatS2A
20th Jan 2006, 01:31
The only poster who has mentioned a "belly up" is the wizard of auz and it would appear that he is talking out of his arse.

The two poster's who seem to know anything have mentioned a "gear failure" and that the gear was "down and locked".

White Wagon
20th Jan 2006, 01:48
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Before blaming engineers, 30 year old planes and pilots how about asking a few questions?

It was acutally an eagle that was caught in the undercarriage and caused a partial extension. All on board were ok. No prop damage either as the nose wheel did come down.

some people....

P.S. JSM your spot on.

the wizard of auz
20th Jan 2006, 04:53
>Edited to adjust to a more grown up posting.<
Thank you AerocatS2A, I am glad you now see the intent of my post.

AerocatS2A
20th Jan 2006, 06:30
so there you go Aerocat s2a, it wasn't dodgy maintanance. I bet your real pissed at that.
It makes no difference to me. If you read what I've written, at no time do I give an opinion on what caused the incident.

You are right, I was quick to judge you. I read your post as blaming the pilot rather than offering an alternative possibility. I get a bit sick of seeing very quick uninformed judgements made by people on this forum and was a bit quick to jump on you (ironically.) It is still true that there are a lot of idiots here, or at least people who turn into idiots when seated behind a keyboard rather than an instrument panel, but I am sorry to have lumped you among them.

Edited to adjust formatting not content.

the wizard of auz
21st Jan 2006, 15:38
Gosh Ibex, I'm really really hurt. :hmm: :hmm:
I guess I'll just count myself as another in the long list of personal attacks your so apt at making. Of course we should all bow down to someone as knowledgable on all subjects aviation as yourself.
And now for my own personal touch.
You Wa#*@r.
You know nothing of what I have experianced, encountered or am likely to encounter.

the wizard of auz
21st Jan 2006, 16:07
And your reply was just as quick old son:eek:
Hello, Life???
Glad that your glad I'm not to upset.........although I really couldn't give a stuff what you think. :hmm:
Whats with the "percieved bush man and pseudo tough" comments?. that comment interests me slightly.

Little Lady
21st Jan 2006, 19:13
Good grief, are you grown adults or school yard bullies? Thank goodness the only weapons you fellas have are words, or it would be "aircraft at 10 paces..."!!!. The last three posts have had nothing to do with the original thread and the back biting nastiness shows a total lack of disregard for your fellow ppruners. You don't send your aircraft where your brain hasn't been 5 minutes earlier, so how about you engage your brains before you open your mouths... or in this case your keyboards.

the wizard of auz
21st Jan 2006, 20:13
good grief little lady :eek: great first post. :\
well, if you managed to gaze through all the schoolyard stuff, you would notice that it seems it was an eagle that caused the main gear to not extend, thus causing the accident. no one was injured and the final outcome was relatively good. so that pretty well finishes it and leaves a thread going nowhere........... so we use it to hurl abuse at each other and other fun stuff like that. :ooh: :} :E
Welcome to Pprune. :ok: Its not always like this........... sometimes its worse. :eek:
P.s. Don't panic or get worried about what ibex and myself are doing. he is a windup merchant and sometimes so am I, so I guess we're just winding each other up. we know each other.

The Voice
21st Jan 2006, 20:23
so, that makes eagles 2 big hunks of shiny metal 0 in/around/near YBBM ... wonder how many near misses there have been?

Welcome Lil Miss .. sit back, fasten your seatbelt, and whatever you do, do not stand up before the captain has shut down! :ugh: some days this place resembles a sand pit .. hence it is lovingly referred to it - other days it is more like Romper Room without Miss Jane.

Either way, it can be fun. :E at least, till someone loses an eye :hmm:

Little Lady
22nd Jan 2006, 01:56
Thanks for the welcome and I've been reading for while now... just not registered.

So you fella's think because you know each other it gives you the right to rile each other up for all and sundry to view? There is enough fighting without adding to it unneccassarily, no I'm not a tree hugging hippie, just like to keep the peace.

Sorry guys, don't like the bitchin'. Keep the mudslinging out of the forums and use them for what they were designed for.

Other than that it's great reading....

the wizard of auz
22nd Jan 2006, 02:10
I'll consider myself told off then.:uhoh:
Come Ibex, your turn to be humble as well. :}

tinpis
22nd Jan 2006, 02:27
*mack mack*

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/spanky.gifhttp://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/cry4.gif