PDA

View Full Version : IR Renewal

trotts
7th Jan 2006, 03:55
Hi All,

Been called forward by flybe for a start date of 1 Feb, and my MEP/IR runs out on 30 Jan! I think I'm gonna have to renew it -can anyone recommend a good, ahem, "friendly" place or examiner in the South of England where I can renew conveniently?

Any help gratefully recieved!

Cheers
Trotts

moku
7th Jan 2006, 06:01
Check your PM's.

M.

Megaton
7th Jan 2006, 08:25
I was in same position year before last. I didn't bother renewing and it didn't seem to make any difference. Wait until you get there and if they insist, renew at Airways at Ext.

Lembrado
7th Jan 2006, 09:02
Ham Phisted is correct

As part of your type rating you do a multi-pilot IR anyway. Consider revalidating the IR portion only - which can be done in an FNPT2 (bit cheaper)

Doing it in a sim is more difficult in my experience - they can throw alot more at you!

Good luck in the interview. L.

ANGELOPINTO
7th Jan 2006, 20:21
www.aviatraining.no

acw350
8th Jan 2006, 15:56
I would suggest Professional Air Training at sunny Bournemouth, great team of instructors and a damn good sim and a/c.

Good luck

FOUR REDS
9th Jan 2006, 16:36
First of all congrats. You're on your way up!

The MEP/IR has no immediate relevance for FlyBe. I would imagine
they did not insist after your interview etc. So unless you may use
it for personal reasons, save the money.

FlyBe will provide the (Q400?) T/R and hence a MultiCrew LPC which
incorporates the IR.

Remember this IR is only valid for the Dash8....

Good Luck

Blast. Four Reds...... Too lowwwwwww X:\

Permafrost_ATPL
9th Jan 2006, 17:57
Interesting opinions. A lot of the "career advice" you hear is that it "looks better" on your CV to have be current on MEP/IR. But I have always wondered whether airlines really cared. Since the selection process involces a sim check, your future employer has some idea whether you can fly IR or not. On the other hand, maybe they see less people with a current IR screw up the sim check (and thus waste their time/money).

P

tailwheel76
11th Jan 2006, 20:40
If you've already got the job with FlyBE. do you have to renew your MEP IR? They'll give you a Dash 8 IR. I renewed my IR a month before starting a type rating with my present employer only find I didn't need to! If you go ahead though I'd recommend either Airways or Flightpass at Exeter. Flightpass has an approved sim so you can do it all in the box at a fraction of the cost.

trotts
11th Jan 2006, 21:05
Thanks tailwheel
Actually, Flybe insist that your IR remains current as a condition of remaining in the hold pool -I did agree to that stipulation when I accepted the hold pool letter so that bit is my responsibility. Although, When do i leave the hld pool? If it's when they send me an offer letter, I'm in the clear! I asked the question a week ago and still no reply so i think I'll leave it til i'm down there.

And I agree about Flightpass, did my IR/CPL there early last year and found them a great bunch of folks
Cheers
Trotts

fly-dj
12th Jan 2006, 17:05
Was in the same position as you in the middle of last year. My start date from Flybe was a couple of weeks after my inital ME IR expired. I did not bother renewing and it did not cause any problems, as others have said your type rating is also a multi pilot IR for the Q400 so no problems there!

I would guess that since your talking about days nobody will care, however if its a concern give exeter a call and ask. If they say dont bother your quids in!

P.S> I know what you mean about the hold pool, but since you have been given a start date your not in the hold pool anymore!!!

RVR800
13th Jan 2006, 13:57
The light aircraft IR can lapse one you get to be an airline pilot as they have a diffeent multi crew IR

MPL holders dont even need a light aircraft IR

Ropey Pilot
18th Jan 2006, 14:15
I would be very doubtful that they would require you to renew it - a quick phone call to them will confirm that though.

And congrats on the job:ok: !

jpboy
20th Jan 2006, 08:21
Trotts,

Confirm that you are renewing a multi-pilot IR, in that case the advice re not bothering is sound- the FlyBe type course will give you the type rating qual for the job.

As of Jan 06 a change to JAR states that a candidate wishing to attend a course in order to gain their first Multi-pilot type rating must have a current IR as a pre-requisite for trg.

Good luck