PDA

View Full Version : min hours for WA & NT

alfie7_1985
6th Jan 2006, 23:08
Does anyone know what the min number of hours employers expect you to have before you have a chance of being employed in the scenic, charter world up in the WA, NT areas? I have heard approx 500hrs total to be put initally on the singles e.g. C207, C210 etc. Can anyone comfirm this?? Also what is the best time of year to start heading up that way to start knocking on doors and talking to Cp's, pilots etc? Thanks guys

Tony

wigga
7th Jan 2006, 04:57
It's all up to the chief pilot. If you impress him and he likes you he will put you on, no matter how many hours you got.

But you are right, 250-500 hours is the average.. :D

love.trunk
7th Jan 2006, 05:36
But you are right, 250-500 hours is the average.. :D

This is true, being averages and all that ... Speakin from a kunners pov, where many started '05 season sub 200, some as low as 160 with cpl tickets hot off the press ...

Apparently another big intake this year, as last year showed much progression and so on ...

Lt

Tiger 77
9th Jan 2006, 09:41
There should be heaps of extra jobs once the Buffalo Bungles get up and running. Hopefully an entire fleet of Buffalo's by the end of 2006.
Tiger.

the wizard of auz
9th Jan 2006, 12:57
Bwahahaha. you supply saddles for the buffs tiger?.

and today ladys and blokes, we have buff steak for our hot inflight meals. :)

Tiger 77
10th Jan 2006, 11:47
Mr Dry_twotter,

I have a few pilots in mind to fly the Buffalo when it arrives. But feel free to send a CV when the company starts-up.

To answer your questions...

Accomodation is not provided but pay is well above award. We are not planning to fly into Kachana at this stage. The Hosties will be both male and female to cater for everyone. We have not decided on a meal yet, probably not steak though.

and of course every Buffalo landing will be a short-fielder and make the first taxiway on runway 30 KU, just like all good twin pilots can do here.

Cheers
Tiger.

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
12th Jan 2006, 13:19
G'day,

Anyone from Sydney thinking of heading To NT/WA shortly?

FLM

BeerMan
13th Jan 2006, 01:05
FLM,

Check your PMs.

BeerMan....

DM777
13th Jan 2006, 10:59
Hey everyone, brand new in here so my questions might have been answered a million times before. I'm keen on heading north for work, but don't really know where to start. Seems like a lot of pilots go up there and apply in person. Is that the norm, don't any of the airlines hire through phone interviews? What sort of hours are people getting a month and how is the pay in general, just a ball park figure if anyone knows. Thanks in advance and good to be finally onboard pprune.

DM777