PDA

View Full Version : TSA is discriminating European pilots.

A320rider
6th Jan 2006, 16:09
one of my friends is waiting since 6 months for a type rating in the USA.
the TSA is not giving him his authorisation, and did not say why?or didnt do any comment.They only told him he was not authorized to receive training.
he is looking for legal assistance to sue the US government for discrimination.

How can you help him, where to look first.

bfato
6th Jan 2006, 16:25
Did he have an M-1 visa?

mcgoo
6th Jan 2006, 16:25
not sure, mine came through straightaway but i would certainly rethink the "sue the US government" line, he may never get authorisation then

strafer
6th Jan 2006, 16:53
I agree with Mcgoo, 'sueing the US government' simply means he'll never step foot in the country again.

I'm not sure he's got a case anyway - I doubt they have a legal requirement to tell him anything. A nice letter to the right people asking for clarification is probably the best way.

scroggs
6th Jan 2006, 17:22
I have a feeling that US Immigration do no have to give a reason why they refuse entry, and I very much doubt that any legal action will change that situation. A polite request to discover what he has done incorrectly might produce a better result.

Scroggs

B2N2
6th Jan 2006, 19:57
Maybe some paperwork typo's?
A lot of these applications go past people that simply make sure all the boxes are checked, if not, REJECT.

mcgoo
6th Jan 2006, 21:07
there was a case i read about a high hours pilot whose name cropped up on the tsa's no fly list who took legal action and it was a genuine mistake on the tsa's part but that pilot who sued never flew again, it doesn't matter who you are the us government can and will decide what's what!, no questions

bfato
6th Jan 2006, 21:47
Misunderstood the original post. Thought the chap had done the training without the visa, and was awaiting rating type rating issue. Apologies.

WRT the TSA, you can kind of understand their point of view. Their country, their rules. They don't need to give a reason for refusing someone entry any more than your or my countries would need to. Put it this way, If a stranger came to your house and knocked on your door, should he be able to sue if you decline to let him in?