PDA

View Full Version : CPL Qualifying Cross-Country

bfato
6th Jan 2006, 15:42
Daft question but does a CPL QXC need anything to be signed by the ATCO/FISO/CFIs at each airfield in the way a PPL QXC does?

LASORS doesn't mention anything but then it doesn't for PPLs either, so I'm drawing no conclusions. I already have plenty of flights in my logbook that otherwise meet the requirements but if I have to do one especially as an 'official' qualifier when i start my CPL training then I'll need to add yet another £500 to the budget...

helicopter-redeye
6th Jan 2006, 16:24
Nope, no signatures. May be worth photocopying the techlog page of the 'specimen' flight you declare for licensing purposes in case anybody ever asks ....

h-r:)

bfato
6th Jan 2006, 16:54
Thanks Redeye. Luckily plenty of supporting evidence is available should the CAA ask!

Mr Blue Eyes
7th Jan 2006, 14:33
I don't know about the rest of you but I always get suspicious when people ask if anything has got to be signed!!!!!!!
You have to think if the CAA ask for proof what are you going to give them!(& they often do) 3 hours on the meter is not good enough.
Take a document similar to your PPL qualifier and get it signed & stamped at your 2 stops with the time & date!

TheOddOne
7th Jan 2006, 17:29
They never questioned mine. Simply a log-book entry (Denham to Land's End & back in a day. 090/40 @ 2,000'. In a Rallye. Several tech-stops. Phew!)

Cheers,
TheOddOne

bfato
7th Jan 2006, 21:03
Well, Mr Blue, if my word proved not to be enough I always could produce, or easily lay my hands on:

Receipts for flight plans submitted to CASA,
SARWATCH records,
Landing, parking, navigation and terminal fees,
Fuel upload records,
Tech logs,
Credible witnesses,
Misc Photographs,
And rather a lot of video footage.

...but I take your point. If one was to set out to fly a cross-country explicitly as a CPL qualifyer then it'd make sense to take some form of autograph sheet along. However I had no intention of going commercial when I toured Oz last April. 5,000nm and 20 landaways later, my goals in life have changed. I want an JAA IR, and I want a professional licence. For the qualifier I'd find it more meaningful to use flights from just one day of that trip than perform some otherwise pointless, and to me relativley sterile, exercise dropping in on over-familiar airfields in the UK.

Make sense now?