PDA

View Full Version : ATC Wannabee

SteveJames
6th Jan 2006, 09:53
Hi,

Recently found this forum while doing some research ready for the selection tests which I am attending in Birmingham in April 06.

I have read numerous posts now and they are proving very useful so thanks to all those who have posted.

I will have turned 30 by the time I attend the interview and so this will be my one and only chance unless they change the cut off age so if anyone has anymore hints, tips or advice it would be gratefully received.

In the meantime I will be swatting up in between studying for my degree and working full time with my fingers crossed at all times.

I would also like to add that judging by all the help given on this forum you are a good bunch of people to work with so here's hoping.

Steven

261A
6th Jan 2006, 15:41
Yeah you say you seen the threads go check out the one right the top of this forum!!!!!!!:confused:

SteveJames
6th Jan 2006, 15:44
I have read that one, still looking for more and more info.

1 thing that I have found which doesnt fill me with confidence is a thread that slates the rushed training at the college and the ever increasing failure rate.. Given that I would be leaving quite a well paid job to take this on if all worked out I don't like the sound of that.

I hope it's not as bad as people are making out.

VectorLine
8th Jan 2006, 14:24
Well, that thread at the top contains about all the advice relating to this subject on PPRuNe.

Try a search on NATS selection tests or NATS interview and maybe some more will appear. Beyond that, you might want to try putting in a bit of work yourself.

If you pass the first stage of selection, then the best preparation you can do is visit and centre and an aiport unit (preferrably one with its own apprach unit - like Cardiff).

Don't worry about the college course until you have a job offer, security clearance and valid medical certificate in your hands.

Good luck

VL

Dan Dare
11th Jan 2006, 07:33
With your name you should be managing Heathrow (and beyond) in no time...
Steve James bio (http://www.avionicsmagazine.com/cgi/av/show_mag.cgi?pub=av&mon=0801&file=0801people.htm)

He is one of the faces on the NATS Destinations screensaver.