PDA

View Full Version : Fear of hijackings

Captain_Scooby
5th Jan 2006, 21:51
Having just watched the Channel 5 program about the 9/11 flight that crashed in Pennsylvania, it sent a chill down my spine to see the reality of what happened. You hear that 'the pilots were killed', but it doesnt really strike you that the terrorists actually took knives to people, drawing blood, and a lot of it.

Watching it scared me. It brought home the level of violence involved in these sorts of things.

Did anyone else watch it? What were your thoughts? Did it scare you?

arpansingla
5th Jan 2006, 22:10
It scared the ****e out of me but then i was happy to see that those people did the right thing, they didnt just sit back and pray, they fought!!!

LewisS
5th Jan 2006, 22:11
I think that the program was quite daunting but hopefully with a lot of the new procedures this situation should not occur again. I think the worst part of the program for me was that it showed how 'real' the victims were, instead of just being statistics or a name on paper, we learned about the lives they led and how their family felt. These people stood up for what they believed in and were as courageous as is ultimately possible. I wonder now whether i would have the same level of courage if i was put in a situation like that?
Lew