PDA

View Full Version : Yet another colo(u)r vision case

SeattlePilot
5th Jan 2006, 07:09
I have a FAA CPL with SODA and in 2001 I converted to the Turkish one. At the time I had no problems with the color vision (I am not sure if I was tested at all).
This time, I was told by the eye doctor that I needed a laser surgery. I was shocked to hear that because the I had an eye exam in US about 6 months ago. Given, how things are in Turkey , I fought him pretty hard (not literally of course) with the print outs of the related JAR-FCL.

I had to go to another place to get the anomoloscope test done and I had no problems with red and white colors. The optometrists also mentioned that I had no problem distinguishing blue and greens. He, on the other hand, said that I had problems with the shades of green, which was already known to me. (I mean why wouldn't i be able to pass the Ishahara if I didn't have the problem).

These are the results of anomaloscope for the green:
Right eye:
CMP: 27 SR: 24-31
AQ: 3.17; B: 15 - AQ: 2.23 - B:15

LEft eye
CMP = 20 SR: 16-24
AQ: 5.25 B:15 - AQ:3.17 B:15

I have no idead what this means. Turkish translation doesn't mention any values to determine if I fall in the interval of color safe or not. I don't think if I have seen anything in jaa.nl as far as values that are acceptable either..

So, I am trying to find a place in Turkey that lets me take Holmes-Wright or Beyne tests. Another country i can try this is also Switzerland as there are no visas for Turkish citizens with US residency.. Any other country in Europe will require me to get a visa which I have no time for it..

Any help will be greatly appreciated..