PDA

View Full Version : Air Discovery

wanamultijob
5th Jan 2006, 06:32
Does anyone know what Air Discovery is about, are they hiring? I hear they have a seneca. What are they like to work for?

pressed_on
5th Jan 2006, 21:37
Yeap, they operate an older seneca II i think and a couple of single cessnas as well. Mainly scenics I think, out to white island and Rotorua etc. They use the seneca for a herald run to Gisborne from Rotovegas leaving about 2am or so, each 'paper day'. So, it is a good pre-requisite to know how to make good coffee.:}

They also use the seneca for Geological/Gas surveys round Mount Ruapehu/Ngauruhoe/Tongariro. I'd imagine they probably do some charters etc aswell. Last time I checked, that was all they had but, they've probably picked up some other work as well.

As always, the best way to find out about an operation is to get on yer bike and pedal down to see them, have a chat with the guys and ask them how they like it.
As for hiring, I'm not in the loop for air discovery, but if it's the same for any other GA operator, any time is a good time to go and see them for a job. One may come up straight away, or in 6months, but if you make a good impression, they will remember you. GOOD LUCK:ok: