PDA

View Full Version : Jetalliance Austria

LH_Pilot
5th Jan 2006, 00:34
Hi there,

now I'm getting pretty close to the second Lufthansa entry Test and I'm searching for an alternative way to reach my dream without Lufthansa for the case that they kick me in their AC. (Well I don't hope that I'll get kicked, however chances to pass their second test are only at 25%.)
I haven't found anything with the search engine about this company so I hope this topic hasn't been discussed before.
While searching for an alternative way to get the ATPL, a friend of mine found the company Jetalliance in Austria, which is a small executive company. They say on their homepage that they will sponsor the ATPL if they see enough potential during the period you're working on the PPL. So in the best case all you would have to pay is 13 k€ and you get a job once you're done and in the worst case you bought a very expensive PPL. Since I don't want to waste my money, I'm hoping that one of you knows more about this company.

I don't know if it is allowed to post a link to that company, if it is needed and ok to post the link, I will post it.

Thanks in advance

LH_Pilot

lovis9
5th Jan 2006, 10:14
HI!

I do not know much about it ,PPL statt,
but I did the selections on Dec. 5 th, I think they are still checking since I did not have the feedback,
any one out there did the selections ??????

Cheers,

Lovi.

LH_Pilot
5th Jan 2006, 22:13
Hi,

since you have been there during their testing phase, how many people were invited to do the tests?
Was this a pretest to start the PPL?

thanks in advance

LH_Pilot

lovis9
10th Jan 2006, 07:12
Hi!
wewere around 25, but all ATP-Cpl pilot, !

I do not know how the PPL works with them....

Cheers,

Lovi.

Captain Bluebear
8th Feb 2006, 20:53
Hey LH Pilot,

first of all good luck and viel Glück at your LH test !!! LH Training is still one of the best Training schemes worldwide !!

As for your question about Jetalliance:

Since I´m allready an "Alter Sack" (I`m 29 :} ) I`m too old to apply for LH, Tyrolean, Austrian... and to go for this kind of career path. So I`ve been evaluating and most of all calculating for quite a while now and I´ve decided to take the risk and so I´m in the Jetalliance PPL course right now and - of course - hoping that my 13K€ where invested wisely... but that I won`t know until the completion of the PPL next month. So far it´s looking quite good, but I won`t believe it until I have my contract between my fingers... If it hepls you any - I will post you a conclusion as soon as I´m done ?!

`One thing I can tell you for sure though: If you wanna get rich, then you`re on the wrong spot at Jetalliance. You are contracted for 3 years after completion of the ATPL and you will not earn a fortune... But on the other hand (& that was the main reason for me !!!) this is also a job guarantee for 3 years, which means guaranteed experience and grants you the all-so-important flying hours in your flightlog... your key to future-employment in aviation. So if you`re into it for the love of flying - this the chance! If you wanna get rich,well.. go to law school or become a doctor;)

But as I said: Details next month !

Good luck & happy landings !!!

Thomas10000
27th Nov 2006, 12:30
Does anyone knows anything about jetalliance vienna, Austria? :confused:

Oeaf
26th Dec 2006, 16:22
What do you like to know?

I am a member of this club :)

papazulu
26th Dec 2006, 17:36
What do you like to know?

I am a member of this club :)

Well...basic entry requirements and selection process to start with, if you don't mind.

-Any minimum exp req's (TT, ME, un/fATPL etc,etc...)?
-SSTR or bond?
-Language: German mandatory?
-Selection process, how do they deal with it,where/when thet advertise?

Hope this will help lots...

Take care and...merry xmas!

:ok: PZ

lovis9
27th Dec 2006, 09:12
Dear Oeaf,

please check your PM....

thanks,

Lovi.

Oeaf
27th Dec 2006, 22:21
Hi,

Basic entry requirements:
- sounds verry common: to be there at the right time with the right rating. think we do not hire FO (we have enough) for the moment we are looking for a captain G550.

there is a selection - but don´t worry about it - the main thing is if you are fitting into the team - of course a proper qualifiation according to your experience is mandatory.

Language: German would be fine but we have also "non German speaking" pilots (and as you see on my English - some guys are even not able to speak English - silent cockpit:) )

Selection process: selection happens on demand - there is no rule.

Hope it helps!

oeaf

Captain Bluebear
28th Dec 2006, 12:46
Hi there !
I´ve been on this forum before a while ago, but then things got a bit busy and I lost track on how things are progressing on this thread...

...but here is the truest truth about how things are handled now (I know since I am there and doing that), regarding the PPL & Sponsoring thing:

You can do your PPL costing around 13K€ (call/write JAFlightSchool for the exact numbers !), you then do a selection and if you do well and pass, you`ll get a contract to fly for JetAlliance after completion of the ATPL/Type Rating (C525) for 5 years - a job guarantee ! However you do not get this for free anymore (they stopped this program). If you continue after the PPL, the ATPL+Typerating will cost you another 60K€ (call/write JAFlightSchool for the exact numbers !). JetAlliance does give you a grant for a loan at the bank of your choice though. Meaning that you won`t have to worry about not being able to afford it, because JA takes (part of) the resonsability that you will pay back your loan, since it is granted that you will work for them. This way you will end up with a depth at the bank but a job in the cockpit for sure ! And I think the whole thing is calculated in a way that you`ll be finished with your loan at the end of the 5years. Be aware though, that if JA grants for you at a bank, this still means that you are held fully reponsible for finishing your ATPL as fast as possible (allthough I belive this is what everyone wants anyway) and that you have to pay the full amount if you drop out before completion for whatever reason...
If you`ve got enough cash and don`t need a loan - well don`t worry: you`re a lucky bastard anyway ;)

So in the end this means that you can take the risk of paying 13€k for the PPL and then not being selected and you payed a bit more than usual for your PPL. Or you do get selected, won`t have to worry about getting the cash together but being sure that you`ll end up flying... sure, this is not as good as getting it all for free, but it does sound like quite a fair deal to me !

One thing you should consider though is: this is business aviation! Make sure you know how big of a difference this is to a "regular" airline job before you decide. I personaly love it ! It is just so much more exciting than just being a "bus driver". But it also means that there isn`t really such a thing as a schedule or a flight plan...

If this helped you any and you want to know more and/or the exact details - pm me and I can tell you who to contact.

rgds
"Captain" Bluebear