PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham handling?

MichaelJP59
4th Jan 2006, 15:02
Just wondered if anyone had landed at Birmingham International EGBB recently in an SEP - any recommendations on handling agent and how much to expect to be charged?

Thanks!
- Michael

Ni Thomas
4th Jan 2006, 17:03
Last time my mates landed at Birmingham in their Grumman AA5B, it cost £65 in total (+/- £2 due to memory loss ! ) :ugh:
Needless to say we don't go there any more.

Fried_Chicken
4th Jan 2006, 18:45
Recently covered by

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201251

Depends where you're going & what you're in but Coventry & Wellesbourne are to the South, Halfpenny Green to the NW, Tatenhill to the NE and various farm strips in the area (Baxterley - Charity Farm possibly the closest?).

If you're going to the NEC, could try Coventry then bus/train to B'ham International/NEC

Fried Chicken

MichaelJP59
4th Jan 2006, 22:51
Recently covered by

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201251

Fried Chicken

Thanks, for some reason that didn't show up in my search.

- Michael

dublinpilot
5th Jan 2006, 08:23
Thanks, for some reason that didn't show up in my search.

The search function doesn't seem to be working at all. It doesn't seem to give any results at the moment. :{

S-Works
5th Jan 2006, 08:56
It often makes me wonder why we proceed to offer endless alternatives to peoples questions rather than answering it! All of these other options may be cheaper but if the destination is Birmingham then the cost of travel in time and mode quite easily wipes out the savings of going to other places.

I have been into Birmingham many times for meetings in the city and at the NEC and the airport are efficient and friendly and in this day and age £65 quid is nothing for the handling service I can wipe 65 quid out in half an hour of wasted time.

I have used Execair on a number of occassions 0121 782 1999 who were friendly and even drove me to the NEC.

Birmingham offers no less than 5 handling agents so one of them should be able to help!

MichaelJP59
5th Jan 2006, 09:01
I have been into Birmingham many times for meetings in the city and at the NEC and the airport are efficient and friendly and in this day and age £65 quid is nothing for the handling service I can wipe 65 quid out in half an hour of wasted time.

And my destination is the NEC so you can't get much more convenient. And 65 seems very reasonable if it includes a "taxi":)

Now hopefully the weather will co-operate or it will be the train.

GK430
5th Jan 2006, 12:11
Execair now Signature. They usually provide transport to from NEC.

Just remember, no AVGAS!