PDA

View Full Version : Booking a Class 1 Medical....?

the_daddy
4th Jan 2006, 10:02
Hi Guys and Girls!

This is my first ever posting on this amazing website so please be kind!

Over the last few months I have been intensively reading, literally, hundreds of posts on the wannabe forum and have decided that it's time, as they say, to "follow my dream"!

Now I wont bore you with the details of my dream as I am sure you have heard many of the same stories before, but I do need a little help initially from you kind people!

I am going to have a Class 1 medical before I even begin my PPL as my end goal is to fly the big birds (No sexism intended!), in whatever capacity I can get...

Now I have done a lot of reading about the Class 1, but how the heck do I go about booking one?!! I have obviously been to the CAA website (Which I think is poor at best by the way) but cannot find the information I so desperately require!! About the only thing I can find out is that it is in Avaition House...

Can one of you nice, informed people help me out with some form of phone number or other contact information for these illusive Doctors!? Also could you give me a little info on how far in advance these need to be booked as I will have to sort out time of work etc etc...

Many thanks in advance,

The_Daddy!

At the beginning of the long and winding runway!!

Non Normal
4th Jan 2006, 10:12
You'll need to go to Gatwick (Aviation House, that is) for your initial Class 1.

Have a look here:
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=527

Their phone number, for appointments and enquiries: 01293 573700

Good luck with your medical.

the_daddy
4th Jan 2006, 10:15
That was a quick response!!

Thanks Non Normal!

How did I not come across that page on the CAA site?! I will be calling them shortly!

Cheers,

The_Daddy

At the beginning of the long and winding runway!!