PDA

View Full Version : now or later?

jamielatham
4th Jan 2006, 00:48
Hi

I would appreciate some advice...

I am thinking about going to Oxford after i complete my A-Levels, but this could be 1-2 years to complete... Do you think i should go to florida and get my PPL just to keep interest?

Thanks

Jay

scroggs
4th Jan 2006, 10:35
If you intend to enter the APP scheme, there seems little point in wasting money on a PPL at this stage - you're going to need all the cash you can get later. However, there is no reason why you shouldn't take the occasional lesson in UK when you can - without interrupting either your schoolwork or your abilty to earn in the holidays so that you can make some contribution to the costs of your CPL course rather than borrowing the entire cost, either from a bank or from friends or relations.

Scroggs

Blinkz
4th Jan 2006, 10:53
One thing you may consider is to take up gliding. It is much cheaper then power flying, is great fun and can really help learning the basics.

student pilot domain
4th Jan 2006, 14:22
Consider gliding (as above) try a VGS

or join the air cadets? Why waste money on a ppl when you could get some air experience flying for free; plus opportunity to adventurous training etc...

student pilot domain
4th Jan 2006, 14:25
just a thought as well;

The Air League offer scholarships to undertake 10-30hrs flying training too. - all free!

TJF97
4th Jan 2006, 16:16
Jamie,
What have you done since July when you registered on this site? have you done any training at all??

As far as I can see from the previous threads you have started, you just seem to ask the same question???:confused:

Surely by now you must have an idea of what you are going to do? There is only so much internet research and opinion gathering you can do! In the end you've just got to get on and do it!

Walk the walk DON'T talk the talk!!

TJF97

jamielatham
5th Jan 2006, 16:07
Hi all

Thanks for the replies, appreciated...

Basically when i went to the Flyer Professional Training Show i spoke to most schools there (OAT Inparticular) and i got the impression that starting training at 17 is too young (after all and 18 year old first officer is very young), even though there are trying to sell their training, they were honest.

When i registered i was 16, and still am, 17 in may...so at the moment i am sort of studying for my A-levels, home study and just waiting till i am a bit older, but to keep why interest i was wandering weather it was worth it to get my ppl abroad taking advantage of price and wheather. So I am in 2 minds after the replies back from users on this thread.

So thats is what i was, am and hopefully be doing...:)

Thanks

Jay :ok: