PDA

View Full Version : benefits of an integrated course ...

pilotezulu
3rd Jan 2006, 05:51
... over a not-so integrated one.

What are they, if any?

Should one enrol into a full time flight school, with an integrated course .. if going the whole nine yards for the commercial and airline licenses?

OR

Is it better to just hour build and beat around the bush, become an instructor, build more hours, self-study, etc etc...and get into the industry that way?

Any opinions / comments?

Groundloop
3rd Jan 2006, 08:53
In order to try and stop another boring Integrated - Modular thread, have a look at the sticky "Archive Reference Threads - READ BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION!!" at the top of this forum (BTW, why didn't you read it?) and you will find "Difference Between Modular And Integrated".

Should answer your question!

pilotezulu
3rd Jan 2006, 09:09
oh my someone's not happy.

sorry mate, didn't know you'd get this upset! no worries. hopefully, your year is starting with a positive note other than being upset at others.

thanks for the link anyway. happy new year.

Number Cruncher
3rd Jan 2006, 09:18
Don't worry Zulu. Groundloop is probably one of those frustrated people stuck on the ground.

Also, when its up and working, the search function is pretty helpful.

Good luck.

wbryce
3rd Jan 2006, 09:26
pilotezulu,

groundloop is correct in what he says, this conversation is well documentated on pprune. I gather from what you say, you assume doing integrated allows you to walk straight into a job? not the case, thats just PR noncense from integrated schools. Doing your training modular / integrated, you sit the same exams, sit the same flight tests and get the same licence...

If two guys attend an interview, one is trained modular and the other integrated...if the modular student out performs the integrated in the simulator and interview, who do you think will get the job? regardless of training background.

If you are a very able person like most pilots then modular/integrated, what does it matter? go integrated and pay an extra 30k; you will still have the same licence and no job but your financial situation will inevitably be worse than the modular guy sitting next to you.

Blinkz
3rd Jan 2006, 09:35
Using a post I made before:

The integrated vs mod debate will never be settled because there is NO right answer. It is all down to what YOU as a student prefer and obviously your financial situation. OAT is a good school, Jerez is a good school, there are many many good modular schools. There really shouldn't be all this bickering between the modular and integrated courses. BOTH courses have lots of advantages and BOTH courses have their disadvantages.

wbryce
3rd Jan 2006, 09:42
Chris,

Its a new year! we're better to settle the 2006 Mod Vs Integrated early and get it over and done with!! :D

will

Blinkz
3rd Jan 2006, 09:51
:suspect: :{ :E

This is the point, there is NO right answer :rolleyes: Modular is not better then integrated and integrated is not better then modular!! They are aimed at different people wanting different things!! Your biased anyway will :}

To answer the original question since my first post didn't, advantages of integrated are that you get to do the whole course with one group of people, very much a classroom type of enviroment which suits some people. Integrated, will generally not give a major advantage in job seeking, which somepeople seem to think it will, altho I think with some airlines ( a very small number tho) have good relationships with some schools and this may give you a slight advantage (please note you WILL NOT walking into a job from any course!!!!) The only integrated disadvantage is the price. Modular advantages is first and fore most the cost, it is the cheapest way to get your licence. Disadvantages are that it is not as structured and so more planning is needed and you generally will not have the same people for all of your course.

As I said most of these differences are all down to what you want on a course, somepeople find the integrated course more to their suiting, some people find modular better. Go vist some schools, see what you think and form your own opinion on what the schools (integrated AND modular) are offering.

Groundloop
3rd Jan 2006, 11:29
I wasn't in the least bit upset.

I was just terrified that you had given an opening for WWW to launch into one of his anti-Integrated rants!

Blinkz
3rd Jan 2006, 11:45
I wasn't in the least bit upset.

I was just terrified that you had given an opening for WWW to launch into one of his anti-Integrated rants!

lol so true Groundloop, am still waiting for his appearance :E