PDA

View Full Version : GAF Nomad?!

Fogh
2nd Jan 2006, 16:36
Hello

I am the lucky owner of a GAF Nomad typerating. I got the rating in marts and flew some hours in UK with skydivers last summer.

Do any of you know if there is an operator flying Nomads for commercial use in Europe? I know that the plane is used in New Zealand and Australia, but that is a long way to move when you live in Denmark!

I got the rating on OY-NMH but it is only used for private operations, flying skydivers, now!

Regards,

Fogh

Jetavia
2nd Jan 2006, 18:16
Hi Fogh,

You can try this one:

QUALIFLIGHT bvba
Vliegveld 67
B-8560 Wevelgem -Belgium
phone: +32-(0)56-42 55 22
cell: +32-(0)477-40 36 49
fax: +32-(0)56-42 56 33

[email protected]

http://www.qualiflight.be/pages/masterENG.html

Fogh
3rd Jan 2006, 07:58
Thanks Jetavia!

I will take a look at the company… :ok:

/Fogh

Seaweed Knees
17th Jan 2006, 00:55

Fogh
11th Feb 2006, 21:41
Hey Seaweed Knees
Yes we were flying at Peterlee, but I only got 120 Nomad hours last summer. Friendly DZ and nice people but not too many jumpers! The best weekend was when I made 13 loads on 2 days. We were only flying weekends and then Wednesday and Fridays afternoon, if the weather was for skydiving!
The problem is that I can’ t afford to work like this, because I am only paid when airborne with the Nomad. No flying = No money! Small dropzone = small money!
If I end op at a small DZ this year I have to find another flying job with more money. I hoped that it was possible to find an operator flying cargo with a Nomad. But no one is using them for commercial use in Europe anymore.
Our Nomad is going for the “UK Parachuting” Center this year and I hope that they have more jumpers and more flying than Peterlee!
Anyway.. How fast and how many jumpers do you take to altitude? I think our nomad is quit slowly. We take 15 jumpers to 13500 and it takes about 25 min.. Warm days it can take 30 min.
We have 420 BHP each side, what about you?
Regards,
Michael Fogh

Seaweed Knees
12th Feb 2006, 06:48