PDA

View Full Version : CPL bridging exam...

happyhamster
2nd Jan 2006, 13:43
I have a CPL(H) and am looking to also do a CPL(A) - I understand I have to do the Perfomance and priniciples(A), but anyone know anything about the bridging exam requirement ?

HH

Dick Whittingham
2nd Jan 2006, 15:29
I don't know if the Mods will permit this, but if you want Military Bridging go to the BGS site. There is a summary of the requirements there and a link to the MOD site that lays down the law.

Dick Whittingham

scroggs
2nd Jan 2006, 20:27
If you already have a CPL(H), I can't see why the Military Bridging package would be relevant - even if you are a military pilot, which is not suggested by your post or profile. You should be able to find the answer in LASORs (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=175&pagetype=68&groupid=780), but it may be easier to give Flight Crew Licencing a ring at Gatwick.

Scroggs

Martin1234
2nd Jan 2006, 21:12
From Lasors 2006 (page 145);

The holder of a valid JAR-FCL CPL(H) will be required to complete the appropriate bridging examination requirements at CPL(A) level (see Section J1.9) or all examination papers at ATPL(A) level except VFR Communications.

(or CPL(A) level I suppose)

I think that the "Perfomance and priniciples(A)" option only applies if you've done the CPL(H)/ATPL(H) theory under the "interim arrangement".