PDA

View Full Version : Life of Atpl Exams

Todge
2nd Jan 2006, 10:39
Hi Everyone!!:ok:

Its years since ive been on here. But i have a question.
Can anybody confirm how long my Atpl's are valid for? Ive heard its 3 years to pass IR from the date of passing the last exam, which for me is february 2005 but at the moment im just interested in getting my commercial and instructors rating. IR seems a long time ( and a lot of cash ) away.
Also does anyone know the current cost of Class one medical?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Trev.:)

Hour Builder
2nd Jan 2006, 11:30
Ok, all ATPL exams must have been passed within 18 months of eachother, and are valid for 36 months (to the end of the 36th month) from the date of the last passed exam.

Within this time the pilot normally aims to obtain a CPL, and if they do the IR course within this time as well, it banks the ATPL exams for a further 7 years from the date of the expiry of the last IR. If a pilot gets the CPL within the 36 month ATPL exam validity period, but does not get the IR (or vise versa), then in order to get which ever has not been obtained CPL or IR, and then upgrade to the ATPL in the future, all the 14 ATPL theory exams will need to be retaken.

With regards to the medical, if it your first JAR Class 1 medical, the fees charged by the CAA (which is where you have to get your initial UK JAR Class 1) are approx £350, I am not sure what the renewal fee for this medical is, as it can obviously be renewed in any JAR memeber state.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

HB

Todge
2nd Jan 2006, 11:41
Cheers HB,

That answers my questions exactly. Thanks for the help.:ok:

Trev.:)