PDA

View Full Version : QF's AVOD

pgbsyd
2nd Jan 2006, 04:49
Do members know how this system is going on the 333's and 744's. I have heard it is constantly breaking down and extremely unreliable.

Qf managment claimed they waited so long to get a decent IFE systme to make sure it worked and it seems they have the most unreliable in the sky!

U.K. SUBS.
2nd Jan 2006, 05:47
Generation one software i believe is still been used. The last skybed mod (vh-ojh) was supposed to get gen3, gen2 been useless of course. The safe option i.e. no AVOD at all has been decided and the package taken from the mod. Would this give you a limited view of how the software is performing?

pgbsyd
2nd Jan 2006, 05:56
Thanks for the reply.

So what are you saying ... They have dropped the AVOD upgrade altogether and will keep the current systmen of the 744's??

I know all the A333's have it.

What a shame it is having so many problems surely it is covered by performance guarantees etc

U.K. SUBS.
2nd Jan 2006, 08:03
It will not be withdrawn. Let's see what the fix will bring, (if there will be one).

Bolty McBolt
2nd Jan 2006, 08:48
A little to add

The system on the BUS appears to be working very well. Only a few soft resets per flight if any on flights that are fully loaded But this system is different to the one fitted in the 744 in its application.

The AVOD on the Jumbo often defaults to the non interactive mode...6 movies to choose from no games only up/down control on the hand set etc
Have seen the it totally U/S on 15 hour sectors and grumpy pax.
The system appears to be more highly stressed than the one fitted to the BUS, 3 servers on the BUS compared with 2 on the 744.
We shall see if the software upgrade fixes the 744 troubles but it may take a little more.
Time will tell