PDA

View Full Version : paying back the debt

type1
1st Jan 2006, 23:18
hey everyone

now there are dozens and dozens of posts on taking out that scary sized loan to fund all or part of our training and advice on how to do it and what the repayments will be and the pro and cons and so forth.....

But....I'd really like to hear from people who've taken out a loan (whatever the size), done the training and now have a job. How do the repayments affect your salary and way of life, especially the people who took out 30 or 50K. Has it stopped you doing anything you otherwise could have? Was it worth it? Would you do it again?

Just be nice to see what happens after the money has been spent!

Happy new year everyone!

type1

dboy
2nd Jan 2006, 08:09
Hello type,

Well i was one of the lucky persons who didn't have to get a loan when starting the atpl course. However i'm graduated 10 months ago and to stay current i spend about 50% of my salary in flying. A lot of people are saying that i'm i a good position but i don't feel it like that. I think the most difficult situation is the situation after graduation especially when you don't find a flying job. You have to still invest to stay current but what sometimes really bothers me, is the fact you don't have enough money for doing others things. If i see friends and collaegues going for a holiday or buying a new car, yes i'm a little bit jealous. And yes my social life is crap at the moment because it is difficult to do other things, all for the sake of flying!!!

So i hope this may be a little story to think about.
Good luck