PDA

View Full Version : On line digital photo's

got caught
29th Dec 2005, 08:58
Does anyone have any experience of ordering prints online?

I want to order hard copies of my Xmas snaps via the internet.

I'm unkeen to download software in order to perform this task, as when I've tried to do this previously (Boots and Kodak photoshare) it appears to crop up unwanted everywhere.

I've had a quick look at foto.com but the software did not load.

I am not connected via broadband.

Any comments gratefully recieved.:cool:

airborne_artist
29th Dec 2005, 09:24
If you are not on broadband I'd suggest taking the memory card into Boots and doing it over the counter..

Online I've found Photobox to be very efficient, and fast.

BLUE SKY THINKER
29th Dec 2005, 09:38
http://photos.fotango.com/images/logo.jpg http://photos.fotango.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi.

Always been happy with the above for quality and service, although not the cheapest. ...It advertises 'Upload Software' but you don't have to use it; just Browse to the relevant file on your hard drive, open/upload. ...A bit hard work without Broadband, but perfectly possible; just a matter of patience (and having something else to do at the same time!)

Genghis the Engineer
29th Dec 2005, 11:41
I've used www.photobox.co.uk quite a lot, the prices are reasonable, and the service and quality exceptional.

G

Taffer
29th Dec 2005, 11:56
If there's a large ASDA nearby, take your snaps to them. Quality is good, and prices are -

£5.00 for 50 6x4in. photos

£7.00 for 50 7x5in. photos

As most uncropped digital photos are 7x5, I'd opt for the latter - unless you want to chop peoples heads off!

Onan the Clumsy
30th Dec 2005, 14:08
I've used photos.yahoo.com (http://photos.yahoo.com ) and am very happy with the results.

You can even edit your pics first with things like borders, sepia, cropping etc.

They arrive quickly in a sturdy cardboard envelope that you can give to your young child (if you have one) to use for a hat.

Sharjah Night Shift
30th Dec 2005, 17:38
I've used fujilab.co.uk and am very happy with the results and for straightforward orders the prints get posted next working day. A bit expensive for small orders as they apply a blanket £1.50 handling charge so it is best to send a lot off at once.

Their software does not run wildly all over your computer and is only there as a means to upload your pictures to their machines and hold their price list.

Beware of smaller shops offering prints from digital who say it will take a few days and put your memory card in an envelope. They don't have a machine on site and you are running the risk of them losing your card just like a roll of film.

Gouabafla
1st Jan 2006, 08:10
I use photobox, too. We've had them print some very big pictures and they did those very well. If you use the free Picassa to sort your pictures on your hard drive, you can upload directly from there to photobox.

got caught
3rd Jan 2006, 08:31
Thanks chaps, I'll give each one a whirl....