PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a spare Cricket bat for loan?

SASless
29th Dec 2005, 01:26
I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to Free Speech. I used to say....soldiers are the folks that give us Free Speech. Tonight on the Telly, I saw something that has changed that somewhat. There is a limit to Free Speech. I just saw it. It was a video tape of the protesters described in this article. I was a Soldier who fought in a war. I now wish to retrieve some of that Free Speech I am owed.

Does anyone have a spare cricket bat....I have some funerals to go to. I have some Free Speech of my own I wish to exercise.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/images/2005/20051223_ellisville-mo2.jpg

Protest set for funeral of Marine

By Tim Waldorf
staff writer

From all accounts, 19-year-old Lance Cpl. Adam Kaiser lived a quiet life before he was killed serving with the Marines in Iraq.

His funeral service, however, may not be that quiet.

A church group that protests funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq with signs that read "God Hates America" and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" plans to be there.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, the attorney for Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., said a group from the church intends to protest at both Kaiser's funeral and the funeral of Byron resident Lance Cpl. Andrew Patten, 19, who was also killed in Thursday's blast in Fallujah. The group has already protested about a dozen funerals in Illinois.

Fred Phelps, Westboro's pastor, said soldiers' deaths are God's way of punishing America for its "acceptance of homosexuality.
"

Wade Kaiser, Adam's father, said he heard of the group about two weeks ago, and after his son's death, was told by the Marines to prepare for their presence.

Wade said he thinks it is sad that the group wants to do this, but he supports their right to do it.

"But I think it will show a lot of people what these people are all about," Wade said. "I think it should be an embarrassment to them, and it does nothing to help their cause."

Naperville Police Sgt. Joel Truemper said the department is aware of the possibility that the Westboro group may protest at Kaiser's funeral. He said Naperville police already planned to have a presence at the service, just as they have for the other funerals of Naperville soldiers recently killed in combat.

At past funeral services, police have worked with funeral homes and churches to protect mourners' privacy by asking unwanted parties to leave the property.

Illinois Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn is proposing a new law that would prohibit protests within 300 feet of any military funeral.

"To have these vile signs and epithets hurled at any family and any funeral is wrong," Quinn told the Chicago Sun-Times. "We should respect the right of any family to grieve and bury their dead with reverence."

Phelps said such a law would be unconstitutional, but Quinn said the U.S. Supreme Court has allowed the type of restrictions he is proposing.

Tim Waldorf

12/06/05

brickhistory
29th Dec 2005, 01:59
Free Speech 1

Sense of Decency 0

PLovett
29th Dec 2005, 03:09
Words fail me to describe the totally warped theology that has gone into that. :yuk:

How can a church group ever arrive at such a ding-bat of a view and then be prepared to advertise the fact.

But SASless, why a cricket bat? Surely there is a home-grown substitute that with its absence of sharp edges and angled surfaces would be more appropriate in convincing these idiots of the correctness of your opinion in any civilised debate that may be had. :ok:

Ali Barber
29th Dec 2005, 05:00
There's a group of Harley riders taking action against them, but only with the agreement of the bereaved family. They pull up alongside the protesters and give them both barrels with their exhausts to drown out their protests and shield them from view. Police so far seem to be turning a blind eye to the baffle-less exhausts.:ok:

16 blades
29th Dec 2005, 05:16
Police so far seem to be turning a blind eye to the baffle-less exhausts.

If that happened here, you could guarantee an army of bizzies would turn out with enough VDRS-book refills to sink a CVN...

...unlike when your house gets burgled......

edited for laphroaig-inspired spelling

16B