PDA

View Full Version : Car Storage in Cairns

nomorecatering
29th Dec 2005, 01:26
A mate of mine is heading up to Horn island shortly to work for one of the operators, not sure if its Aerotropics. He doesnt read PPRuNe, but was wondering where he would store his car in Cairns. I have had a look at a few websites for hime, one beig Big Blue. Their undercover strage rates fr a car ae around $120 a month.

Anyone have any better suggestions. Its a new car so he wants it in a safe place.

Also, how often do you guys get down to cairns for some R & R...Monthly?? Every few months??

Cheers.

Capt.Grumpy
29th Dec 2005, 02:59
If it's a Porsche or a big Beemer or something similar i'm quite willing to move my Toyota out of my garage. Of course he will have to leave me the keys so I can keep the battery charged, tyres warm etc. :E

heliduck
30th Dec 2005, 21:50
Try "Joes Car Lockup". This old bloke has been storing cars for as long as I can remember (which varies from day to day!), & having left mine there on 20 or so occasions I am happy to report good service, good prices, & the car is kept out of sight & undercover. A taxi to the airport is about $12 from his place. The yellowpages will set you straight.

18 foot pek pek
31st Dec 2005, 00:35
Park it somewhere near Edward River with the keys in it.
They got a "valet" service :p