PDA

View Full Version : Loss of medical insurance

Barry Lighter
20th Dec 2005, 18:12
Can anyone recommend a good insurance company / policy to cover loss of Class 1 medical?
Ta

This has been covered several times over the last year and if you do a search on the forums you can read the threads to get a good feel for the subject but, PLEASE don't assume it will cover what you assume to be the obvious things. Read the small print very carefully to find out exactly under what circumstances it will pay out, bearing in mind the trend to temporarily suspend licences rather than revoke them, and exactly when you will get paid, and how much.
Good Luck

As far as I know, you could go for the lump sum payment upon medical incapacity, which works out at around £300 per year for £30K of cover or buy a permanant health policy.
In common with quite a few other airport companies, my employer provides me with a permanant health cover policy.
Its very complicated, but baically if you lose your medical, you get up to 75% of your salary until retirement age, but you have to agree to remain as an employee, even if it's on a nominal salary of £1 per year, otherwise you can no longer claim.
Equally, if you find other paid employment, the amount you earn is deducted from the insured amount, so there's no point in working elsewhere.
In my case, if I was to go tits up, I have been informed that the company would look at every available option, I assume that this means I could conceviably be offered a job as ticket desk dolly on an ATCOs wages.

You could try Traffords Insurance or Global
Baz

I am a guy of 28 and so far no medical problems.
I am going to get a 737 Tr and was wondering if there is a medical insurance for non flying people.
Thanks in advance
P

I was looking for Insurances around but I couldn’t find any that could cover just the first medical class.
I was wondering were can I find a first medical class insurance in the UK?
So far I could just find the loss of licence insurance.
Thanks
P