PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

r.shah
25th Dec 2005, 10:46
Im currently taking my GCSE's and planning to take physics and maths and travel n tourism at A level. I live near cranfield (cabair) training school, i thought I should get my PPL licence first then go on staright for my CPL licence, Is it worth getting myself into debt and ending up with no job? Plus im a Muslim is that an issue to airlines (9/11)

thaks

geordiejet
26th Dec 2005, 11:48
Hey, I don't think your race is too much of an issue. I get some snobbery towards me saying as Im not from your average middle class background, which most pilots are. You may get the odd funny look of people, but I don' t think it will affect your career prospects.

What I would say is consider your ability in the chosen subjecta, if you are good at maths and physics, then go for it, if not choose something esle; two grade Es in Maths and Physics may not be seen as good as a B/C in IT, English and so on ...

adwjenk
26th Dec 2005, 17:11
Hey

If you want to fly go for it!!!!
Also totaly agree with geordiejet, do A-Levels you enjoy and get good grades that what i did. And i still passed selectio for pilot traning without Maths and physics A-Level.
Also your background should be no problem, i know a muslim pilot, and hes never come across discrimination.

Best of Luck

ADWJENK

r.shah
27th Dec 2005, 09:02
thanks for the advice i think i should get a dgree as well just for back up