PDA

View Full Version : Saving streamed audio

None of the above
24th Dec 2005, 06:49
I occasionally use the BBC 'Listen Again' facility to hear programmes I have missed, but there doesn't seem to be any way of saving them to file.
Is there any way around this particular problem?

Probably worth noting in Jet Blast rather than here, but it is 'Ed Reardon's Week' (BBC Radio 4 11.30am Weds) that I wish to save.
Best comedy I have heard in an age.

Thanks in anticipation,

N o t a

BOAC
24th Dec 2005, 07:21
Have a search for 'Total recorder'

24th Dec 2005, 07:31
Or yo could try Clip Inc (http://www.clipinc.de/auswahl.htm) Its all in German, but a person can click their way through.

Keygrip
24th Dec 2005, 14:38
Stunning co-incidence, I'm having the same thoughts. Have dedicated an old and dying laptop computer to Radio 2, hooked it to the home network and wired it to the Hi-Fi - and use it just to listen to BBC Radio in Florida, especially the "Listen Again" feature already mentioned.

Going one step further, if we manage to save material through Total recorder or whatever I can find as this thread runs its course, would it then be possible to record onto CD-RW's to play them in the car, or airliner, whilst travelling? Would a flash drive MP3 type thing be better?

BOAC
24th Dec 2005, 14:50
CD Rec should be no problem - I have a large stack of Goon Shows on CD recorded both from cassette and streamed on-line.

Since it is Chrimble and a time for peace and goodwill to all men (and a few ladies....:D) here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115983&highlight=total+recorder) is one link to a discussion on this.

Background Noise
24th Dec 2005, 18:12
Nero has a sound recorder built in - press record then play the stream. Make sure the right input is activated for recording.

None of the above
25th Dec 2005, 18:38
Many thanks chaps, I'm very grateful and will investigate all suggestions forthwith.

Enjoy the rest of Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

N o t a