PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Presents

BCF Breath
24th Dec 2005, 04:39
So, who got cool presents this year? What were they?

Had a Birthday close to Chrissy (so both combined...) and got copy #1700 of "Sled Driver" from my wife! Aint she cool!

Capt Claret
25th Dec 2005, 07:29
Almost 1/2 a Tissot Navigator touch screen watch( Mrs C chipped in for chrissy). The first digital watch I've been able to find that doesn't look like it belongs on a 13 year old wrist, yet has changable dual time zones and displays CST. :ok:

Captain Stoobing
25th Dec 2005, 08:38
Wife got me a new set of Cuff Links...............so I fit her image of what I should look like!!!!!!!

I got myself a new computer for my Trek 2200 bike. A Shimano wireless flightdeck computer........Cadence, gear selection amongst the range of things that I can look at whilst I am punishing myself for getting into aviation...............

A very nice night to all......I am up at 0430 for a dead head sector to Brisbane...............So so so so very happy.

Capt Stoobing.......I wish I was on the Love Boat right now.......

Chief galah
25th Dec 2005, 08:45
DVD of "Dark Star" - best sci-fi movie ever made!

CG

Spodman
25th Dec 2005, 22:27
I got a headset, (cheapie, I picked it,) and my favourite film on DVD, The Battle of Britain. Wozzername's bum in suspenders looked even better digitised. And two bottles of rum.

Bought the missus an exercise bike which we will both use to ensure we can fit on a Cozy front seat

I meant to post this at the time but forgot. Prior to Father's Day the younger Spodling approached the school Father's Day stall and requested: "Something Dad can use to build an aeroplane." Good on him, I got screwdrivers.DVD of "Dark Star" - best sci-fi movie ever made! Concur! Great film. I have it on video but everybody I show it too seems to regard it as some form of punishment.

Benson, Arizona, the warm wind through your hair
My body flies the galaxies, my heart longs to be there
Benson, Arizona, the same stars in the sky
But they seemed so much kinder when we watched them, you and I

hoss
26th Dec 2005, 08:34
Santa brought me a 'you beaut' brand spanking new Weber BBQ and a trendy quicksilver watch and heaps of other things, I must have been good:) .

relax737
26th Dec 2005, 08:44
777 rating. Expensive but should result in a job I'm told, so I'm going from the baby bird to the big bird.

Fortunately my wife is a wealthy chick as a result of an inheritance a few years back, and we do OK out of a small business we (mostly Mrs relax) runs.

A few weeks in the Doubletree in Seattle was very enjoyable, drikning an occasional Bud after sim and eating all that horrible rich American food.

Pinky the pilot
27th Dec 2005, 03:57
After reading of relax737's present, the bottle of Peter Lehmann's 2002 Clancy's Shiraz,Cab Sav & Merlot that I recieved from Mrs Pinky's niece seems somewhat lesser in comparison.
However, I have no doubt that I shall enjoy drinking it almost as much as the abovementioned fellow Ppruner will enjoy using his present. :ok:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Chief galah
27th Dec 2005, 06:30
Spodman......brother

Yep, Dark Star often gets a vacant stare then vitriol about ones personal hygeine.

DISCLAIMER

the following quote has nothing to do with aviation or any other related matter

".........you wanna blow it up!!"

has got to be the best line in the movie.

CG