PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to take the punt?

UnderneathTheRadar
23rd Dec 2005, 22:53
It's December 24, my mailbox has yet to yield the promised (and paid for) ASIC or the alternative "You have applied and therefore have an exemption" letter.

On Wednesday was planning to set off for places possibly including Mildura, Broken Hill, Woomera, Whyalla and Kangaroo Island.

So, who'd take the punt and run the risk of finding some security nazi waiting for you?

Who else faces this dilemma?

UTR

Chadzat
23rd Dec 2005, 23:36
I'll be in the same boat, the first week after new years I'll be doing a CPL flight test out of PF!

I DO have my receipt of payment though so I'll just stick that to my shirt and hope for the best!

18-Wheeler
24th Dec 2005, 00:49
I will be, though I'm not waiting for an ASIC (don't neeed one) but a photo licence.
Not really fussed on what the security chimpanzee's think are important.

Aerodynamisist
24th Dec 2005, 02:30
Take the punt I will be.

The annoying bit is when you get where your going and want to take a p!ss and have a durrie, you have to go out into the public area do your sinful business and then have prove your identity to some goon who's only training consists of a 2 day course in order to be able to go back to the aircraft which you have just flown into the airport.

Pilots as a group should be insisting the facilities are made available to us on the airside of the security zone at these newly formed security airports.

24th Dec 2005, 03:32
I agree aero, I had to Pish next to the bouser in Gladstone the other day. Lucky I had lunch with me.