PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to All our Chaps and Chapesses

Tigs2
23rd Dec 2005, 22:14
Its Late on the night before christmas eve. Having spent my time in many a war zone i now shed a tear for all my heroes away from there families at christmas. Sod the government policy, sod Bush. sod Bliar, thank you all sincerely for the job that you do and a very Merry Christmas to you all from someone that is grateful and proud of the people in ALL of our armed forces world wide. Peace be upon you.

BossEyed
23rd Dec 2005, 23:46
"Heroes"

The vast majority of them are not heros, although they are thoroughly notable men and women who have consciously and selflessly decided to serve their country regardless of what their country asks, and why. They are without doubt brave, and they are most certainly far further in harm's way as volunteers than I or almost any other commentator is likely to be this season.

Their fortitude and commitment is to a standard recognised by few, and sadly that few is rarely represented in the corridors of power hereabouts. But recognition affects not the reality of fact.

They are not all heros, for that appellation is reserved for the rarest of the rare, but today most certainly they are all deserving of a salute, or tip of the hat, from you and I.

Tigs2 says it better than many.
thank you all sincerely for the job that you do and a very Merry Christmas to you all from someone that is grateful and proud of the people in ALL of our armed forces world wide. Peace be upon you.

Stay safe, and if you must be a hero, come out if it without a scratch. Merry Christmas.

From the tone, as well as date and time, readers will guess that drink has been taken. That detracts nothing from the sentiment above.

SASless
24th Dec 2005, 02:15
http://www.militarycity.com/valor/images/rb_wolverton.JPG

Just as the picture reminds us....soldiers everywhere leave loved ones behind when they go off to remote places of duty. They, both those who serve and those who wait, are in our prayers and thoughts. Come home safe and know that you are remembered during this special time of the year.

Merry Christmas ....wherever you are.

air pig
24th Dec 2005, 18:05
To all those away from home at this time of year, away from family and friends. Have a peaceful Chistmas and come home safely in the New Year. Thoughts are with you.

Watch out for passing Santa's.

My thanks to all.

oldfella
24th Dec 2005, 18:54
To those on duty over Christmas, thank you. Make up for it when you next see your family.

To those deployed, I will think of your families at the Christmas midnight service.

Jobza Guddun
24th Dec 2005, 19:33
I'd also just like to take a minute to wish all our deployed colleagues a safe and Merry Christmas, and a speedy return home in the New Year. I sincerely hope you're having as spirited a time as you can make it.

A glass raised quietly in your honour. :ok:

JG

WASALOADIE
24th Dec 2005, 21:11
Happy Christmas and a happier New year to all ppruners. Having spent many a Christmas away in the past sincere best wishes to all on deployment at this time of the year, wishing you all a safe tour and safe return to your loved ones.

WE Branch Fanatic
24th Dec 2005, 23:06
Happy Christmas to you all.

Letsby Avenue
24th Dec 2005, 23:31
Stay safe one and all. Merry Christmas.

adr
25th Dec 2005, 00:51
Hear, hear. Just back from midnight Mass, where the (civvy, RC) priest prayed specifically for "Members of the armed forces, and all whose duties keep them away from their families at Christmas." :ok:

adr

Jordan D
25th Dec 2005, 01:39
They did the same at Mass at our church too. I can only echo the sentiments of the above, for they are true and correct.

God Bless all of you, and keep you safe, and return you to your loved ones in safety. A Merry Christmas to you all.

Jordan

Talking Radalt
25th Dec 2005, 10:06
Merry Christmas all, where ever.

Beeayeate
25th Dec 2005, 11:32
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all serving and ex-serving types.

May your reaching hand always select the correct sized spanner and may your aircraft's 700 never see a red pen.

Keep on hacking it troops.

JessTheDog
25th Dec 2005, 12:24
Merry Christmas to all, especially those seperated from loved ones by duty.

ivor lobbon
25th Dec 2005, 15:05
merry christmas to all.
ex forces pilot

insty66
25th Dec 2005, 15:18
A very merry Christmas to all away from home this year.
Hope you get home safely and have a great New Year

:ok: :D

tablet_eraser
25th Dec 2005, 16:08
Merry Christmas to everyone, and I wish you all a peaceful and Happy New Year.

airborne_artist
25th Dec 2005, 20:33
I was pleasantly surprised when Service people were specifically mentioned in the prayers at church this morning.

I raised a glass to them all later in the day. :ok:

joe2812
25th Dec 2005, 22:53
As above. A merry Christmas and a happy and more peaceful new year to all, wherever you are.

Hoping 2006 will see you all back safe with your loved ones soon.