PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Liveries?

brian_dromey
23rd Dec 2005, 13:52
Just wondering what ye all think are the more attractive colors out there? My own personal favourites would be;

Aer Lingus (although looking a little tired, still individual and smart)
Lan Chilie (stunning)
Air India(still looking great after decades)
Ryanair (new, functional and smart, like the airline it-self)
bmi (a321 in new colors... savage!)

My pet hates are:

easyJet (cold you be more loud?-the webs favourtie airline- get it away!)
Air France(boaring)
Austrian(vile, vile and more vile, what was wrong with the old one, very classy, the new one is just trash)
The rest of the 'euro-white' brigade, grow some balls and add a bit of color to the planes!

Avman
24th Dec 2005, 00:31
Brian, I see that you're fairly new to PPRuNe. If you use the search feature you'll find that this subject has come up before. It's been done to death in other enthusiasts forums too. This may explain the rather slow response rate. The other factor might be that there are so many great liveries out there that many (like me) wouldn't even know where to start. ;)

North Stand Tier3
28th Dec 2005, 12:00
FYI-no 321s in bmi fleet have new livery-only old blue and STAR washing line.

girtbar
28th Dec 2005, 20:04
Just like to point out that EasyJet a/c dont have the slogan "webs favourite airline" any more, the new slogan is "come on lets fly".

But still agree its gawd awful.

GB

apaddyinuk
29th Dec 2005, 16:07
Oh Avman....give the lad a break!!! I personally have not seen this thread in a while!!!

Aer Lingus definately still a great one and I disagree that it is tired as it is not even 10 years old yet. And it always stands out dead smart on the A330 when its parked in somewhere like BOS or JFK! And im not at all biased just cos EI was my first airline!!!

BA...I love the tail and the speedmarque, however I hate the plain white fuselage and the unremarkable blue underbelly!!!

Qatar Airways...Although I hated my time working for them, I still think the livery is rather modern and impressive even if it is grey!

EOS...Only saw one last week for the first time and in fairness it does look pretty swanky!!!

SAA....Again, I love the tail but hate the rest of it.

Cathay Pacific....I love this one and always have since it appeared in the 90's. Looks awful when the plane is a bit dirty but still very impressive!

As for others that I cant stand or are well past their use by date include...

Iberia....NEEDS TO GO!!!

Alitalia....ALSO NEEDS TO GO

Lutfhansa....Oh dear...I mean I know the germans like efficiency but their planes just look dull and boring!!!

Air France...let go of the concorde era and show us some renewed french chic with your aircraft!!!

US Airways....They really could have done more with their new colour scheme.

I could go on but I wont! heheeh!

DaveO'Leary
29th Dec 2005, 16:20
For me I just love the 'sunshine' paint work of Air Jamacia....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/dazdaz1/995027797_JM_321_6YJMD.jpg

Sphinx
29th Dec 2005, 16:54
For me the best in the UK is Monarch Airlines new livery. Very smooth and sleek looking.

BOZZATO
2nd Jan 2006, 18:19
It's got to be First Choice:eek:

Also Monarch, BMI and BA:8

Regards

James:ok:

Full Emergency
2nd Jan 2006, 23:10
Have you seen the new TAP ??

Saw one take off on 27L the other day at LHR.

FE