PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 Type Rating

iambankrupt
23rd Dec 2005, 09:57
Just wondered if anyone has info on self sponsored Dash 8 type ratings? With the current recruitment at Flybe I thought this might be a better option than an ATR rating.

Is anyone else looking into this and needs another crew member?

Before people start posting about how it is wrong to complete a self sponsored type rating, I do agree it is wrong. However, it is now 2 years since I got my Frozen ATPL and, have not even managed to get an interview since.

Cloud Chaser
26th Dec 2005, 19:37
You should think carefully about this. With a fresh DHC8 rating but no time on type, Q400 operators would be nervous about taking you on, as they would have no idea about the training you received. When flybe train people on the dash, they do so using their own SOP's so people are ready for base training, and then straight onto the line as soon as they finish the course. For this reason they prefer people to go through their training (the only exception to this is if you already fly the DHC8 for another airline, but even those guys/gals do some sim work). This applies for most other airlines as well.

If you have flybe in your sights keep pestering them, they are taking on people from every kind on background these days, from <200 hour ab-initio F/Os to 60 year old DEC's retiring of 767's and everyone in between.

Also make sure you fill in the on-line application. Its the only method they recognise now.

There are a few flybe threads active on here, do a search for more info.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
Regards
C.C.