PDA

View Full Version : atpl questions

ccc111
23rd Dec 2005, 09:55
Can any one tell me of a good book with basic atpl styled questions covering all subjects for interview revision, as i would not have the time to start reading all 14 books again.

Happy x mas to all.

cheers

I need APU
23rd Dec 2005, 10:15
Try "ace the technical pilot interview" by Gary V bristow
ISBN 0-07-139609-8
Published by McGraw Hill.
I think it was cheapest on Amazon.

This list questions from throughout the ATPL theory with answers. However quite a dry read (but I guess any book like this is gonna be!!) I think this is better than just reading theory as you can learn by actual question and answers.

woof
23rd Dec 2005, 11:06
The interviewers choice......

Handling the Big Jets by D.P. Davies.

By jingo it's hard work, but well worth the effort.

flash8
25th Dec 2005, 12:35
A classic book, well worth the read by anyone....

747 Downwind
26th Dec 2005, 10:00
Handling the Big Jets is a great book.. quite technical and it refers to exactly what's on the tin.. Big Jets! Therefore, it depends on which interview you are preparing for. Do not get this mixed up with Flying the Big Jets by S. Steward (ex- BA 747-200 skipper and a nice guy, also backed up by an ex- BA colleague of his who flew the B777).. it has reference to the aircraft just mentioned. I would usually try to persuade people to buy books from authors who I have met, but as it is for an interview I would not think it is suitable as 'Flying the Big Jets' is a deliberately lighter and less technical read.

I would suggest 'ace the technical pilot interview' covers all of the 14 subjects in sections with about 1000 questions and answers. Also has a lot of turbo-prop/piston info. The jet info. is quite type-specific to the 737 but still generic to jets

Good luck with the interview

747 Downwind