PDA

View Full Version : B737NG Cracked windshields???

Contract Con
23rd Dec 2005, 08:31
Gday all,

Can anyone report problems with cracked windscreens/#2 windows on B737-7/8.

Aparrently due to leaving the "WINDOW HEAT","ON" on turn around.(opinion of an operator in Aus)

Can't see the problem myself due to overtemp regulation of said windows, and the normal op of the windows "powering off" in conditions of bright sunshine and heat.

Just interested to hear from other operators who may have seen a similar trend in windscreen probs, if any???

Cheers,

Con:ok:

and a Merry Christmas to all!

CT7
24th Dec 2005, 04:28
Oh, I dunno, I heard a brand new NZ 777 had numerous cracks appear at 40000' recently. Caused the skipper to spill his coffee all over himself.

HI'er
24th Dec 2005, 05:59
There are cracked windows (not very common), delaminated windows (reasonably common, and as long as the delamination is within specs, isn't a problem), and crazed windows (extremely common, but not usually a concern).

Cracked windows are the "species" that usually happen suddenly, and require almost immediate replacement.

Delaminated, and crazed windows need to be monitored, but are not (usually) an urgent maintenance item.

BCF Breath
24th Dec 2005, 06:18
Well the one CT 7 refers too, grounded the A/C and required a replacement to fly home.