PDA

View Full Version : MS Picture it 2002

BoeingBoy
22nd Dec 2005, 06:38
Hi All,

My wife is adamant that she wants to stick with MS Picture it 2002 rather than the replacement version in Worksuite 2004 and beyond.

This program still works fine on her machine and was working on mine whilst installed on the D drive. Recently I decided to bin the newer version as neither of us use it and reinstall PI02 on my C drive.

Since then I find that the program will open fine, but when any form of photo file is selected the viewing panel is transparent and the desktop is visible below. The frame of the photo is shown but no photo is visible. I searched the MS knowledge base and found a patch for another problem which is loaded but nothing for my problem.

Having said that another answer suggests editing the registry to remove the warning that the program can't install due to an older version being installed. Since I don't have that problem I haven't started messing in the registry unecessarily.

Any idea's as her indoors is moaning that she can't move to my machine for final editing before printing.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jhieminga
22nd Dec 2005, 07:11
Boeingboy,

I don't have the magic solution for you I'm afraid, but I'd like to ask you something. Once you've got the whole setup working again (as I'm sure you will at some point) could I ask for your assistance? I have three files that were sent to me, which seem to be Picture It files. I need to have these resaved as something else as I cannot open them as is. I've been searching everywhere for someone that has this software package but it doesn't seem to be that common.

Thanks! (And good luck with the problems!)

BoeingBoy
22nd Dec 2005, 21:17
Microsoft have their own picture formats for some things including greeting cards. I suspect you have received one these.

Try downloading and installing IrfranView here, it opens just about everything and is a wonderful little program to have to hand.

Once you have that in, right click the files and open them in Irfranview.

Irfranview (http://www.irfanview.us/)