PDA

View Full Version : STOP the pay to fly'scam

A320rider
21st Dec 2005, 20:04
hey,

are you pissed to see airlines asking you to pay to work.
(the pay to work'scam.)

Please write a complaint to

--------------------------------------------------------------------

European Commission
Directorate-General for Energy and Transport
B-1049 Brussels

fax (32-2) 299 10 15
e-mail: [email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------

and ask them to prohibit any pay to fly' scam...

thank you.

Jr. Ewing
21st Dec 2005, 22:26
I believe you mean pissed off....:confused:?

You wouldn't have the address where I can complain about pilots who pay to work?

Jr.

Kopeloi
22nd Dec 2005, 03:30
Same scam is going on in corporate aviation. I have been paid every month to work but I try to do very minimum.

A320rider
22nd Dec 2005, 12:30
ahah! yes I am pissed off.

thats the adress where to write your complaints.
I have post this address on some other french forums, and they will get many mails soon.
If you take your time to write a nice letter, 20-30 minutes, go to you post office and send it.

if you do not agree with eaglejet and their politic, if you do not agree it is normal for a pilot to pay 500 hours jet.so write!!!
they want hear from you.

Bengt Engel
22nd Dec 2005, 14:14
are you by any chance a victim?

ACP
22nd Dec 2005, 14:39
A320rider,

I suppose that you are qualified on the A320 without a job, otherwise you wouldn't loose your time doing this.
Note that Eagle is in the US and most of their programs take place in the Middle East and Asia. I do not understand how you want to stop them by sending an email to the European Commission!
Anyway it is impossible to prohibit the pay to work situtation, nothing is illegal if you have a license with the TR.
Good luck

A320rider
22nd Dec 2005, 20:09
it s simply illegal, because an airline have to employ employees and not become a "flying school"...

check in the operation of the company, and you will see a company is NOT authorized to sell bloc of hours to "student pilots".Or call the CAA or any other agencies(german CAA,Italian CAA,...), and you will see how unaware they are about this.

why do you think it is not authorized in the USA, and it is still in Europe? bring a stop to their illegal operations by writing, emailing...

in France, they can not sell hours, it is a question of responsability and it should be the same everywhere in europe.

yes, I am a victim of the system, and each unemployed pilot is too.my government give me money to live , when during this time , a pilot is paying to fly....

keep tuned, I building a website with more info...

BestGlide
22nd Dec 2005, 20:15
It IS still authorized in USA. I know people flying and buying hours in the USA. No pax, only cargo, but that should not do any difference.

Kopeloi
23rd Dec 2005, 08:21
A320,
You should have no problems to find a seat on A320. Many airlines are looking for qualified and experienced crews. Just have a look for Flight International, 100's of jobs!
I don't see anything wrong in these schemes for marketing line training for different types. You must accept the fact that no airline will do your training free of charge. In same, fewer airlines are hiring pilots without type and/or experience. Must be something to do with cold laws of economics.
Have a look on : http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203236

ARNA330
23rd Dec 2005, 21:16
Just give Novair in Stockholm a call. They fly around with guys paying for their time in the right seat.....Also several +60 Captains cruising the skies all over the world....

I guess it is the way to go, since the well known travel group KUONI, as owner of Novair, is embarking on this scheme.....

Ezeiza
24th Dec 2005, 20:36
@ kopeloi

It is not so easy to find a job with 320 rating, I'm also rated but there is at the moment no good outlook for us.

If you know some companies which are hiring without time on type, please send me an Pm.

Merry Christmas to all

Kopeloi
25th Dec 2005, 03:06
As before, have a look at http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203236
Maybe you need to make a deal with these "scammers" and complete your line training before you are able to get hired.
Type rating alone is not making you ready for service as you obviously well understand.
So, if you like to fly A320 you better bite a bullet and complete your training.
All the best and merry Christmas

PicMas
25th Dec 2005, 13:54
Ezeiza

I know an airline that will definitely "hire" you.

Are you prepared to bring money to "work" every day?

ACP
27th Dec 2005, 01:14
Ezeiza,

I have been in your situation and your only solution is to pay for your line training on the A320. I was lucky as my TRTO had a deal with an airline in the middle East and it was less expensive to deal directly than going through Eaglejet. But I have been waiting for a year before starting the base training because a lot of type rated pilots were also waiting. You can't imagine how many pilots are paying their FO experience! I suppose that you have also applied in Asia: I can tell you that AirAsia, Air Macau etc.. only ''hire pilots'' willing to pay their 300 or 500 hours. I have friends flying the 320 in different airlines in Asia, most FOs have to work for free until they reach 500 hours.

Scanwing
27th Dec 2005, 08:15
Is there any difference if you have 1600h or 200h total time with only the typerating? Is there any chance to have a job without paying for the linetraining if you have the total in excess of 1500?

Also, which type is the easiest one to get a job on, B737 or A320 if you want to stay in Europe?

Flathatter
28th Dec 2005, 08:35
I have been in your situation and your only solution is to pay for your line training on the A320.
Do you really want to carry that label around with you for the rest of your career?

Kopeloi
28th Dec 2005, 08:41
Much better label than unemployed student pilot!

RYR-738-JOCKEY
28th Dec 2005, 18:46
Do you really want to carry that label around with you for the rest of your career? :yuk:

If the option is not to fly, the answer is simple. For those of you who haven't faced the hardship and dilemma of having to pay for your first job; spill your guts elsewhere...You are being judgemental about aspects you cannot fully comprehend. :*