PDA

View Full Version : In-seat laptop power

DtyCln
21st Dec 2005, 19:46
Hi Folks,

Apologies if this the wrong forum, moderator feel free to move.

Tenth wedding anniversary next year and I've splashed out on. Emirates First Class LGW-Auckland. First leg is on A330 and second leg is on a A340-500.

My Laptop needs Sizewell C connected to the national grid at the best of times as my battery life is about 80 mins.

I've only just purchased a Laptop and I'm unfamiliar with in-seat power systems. What sort of power adaptor do I need?

I've searched the WWW and i've found references to AC DC and 'empower' systems.

Does anyone know what system Emirates use on their A330 and A345 so that I can buy the correct type of adaptor.

Many thanks

DC

rugmuncher
21st Dec 2005, 20:20
http://www.seatguru.com/index.php

:ok:

DtyCln
21st Dec 2005, 21:24
Thanks rugmuncher.

Found seat guru earlier but they don't feature Emirates specifically.

All other A345 operators appear to use USA AC plugs so I guess EK will have the same.

Thanks

DC

Keef
21st Dec 2005, 22:31
Thanks - seatguru is a very useful link!

I managed to find the aircraft type being used on the flight I was interested in - but is there a site where you can look up a flight number and date to find the aircraft type? Virgin Atlantic's website doesn't seem to offer the information (or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place!)

sinala1
22nd Dec 2005, 10:29
I know with some airlines (VS Included) you dont need to bring anything - we provide it all onboard - with the vast majority of popular laptops being supported :ok:

Jinkster
15th Jan 2006, 17:45
When will wifi be installed in aeroplanes:D