PDA

View Full Version : an ATPL

Sean H
20th Dec 2005, 23:14
Im 17 and would like to know that when i finish school were would be the best place for me to get an ATPL(A)? Im not rich and when i leave school the biggest loan i could get would be €15-20K. IF i got a Frozen JAA ATPL in florida would the likes of ryanair take me on as a pilot or what airline would most likely take my sort on?

thanks

WingDown
20th Dec 2005, 23:28
My best bit of advice to you would be to start looking into all the possible training routes into the airlines. If you are serious about training then spend the time researching, PPrune is a perfect start. There is a wealth of information to be found with just a few basic searches which will answer ALL the questions you have asked above. The figure you have quoted for financing your training is im afraid, not going to get you very far if you self fund. However there are other ways to achieve your ambition, ways which have been discussed many times on this forum. The info is there so go get it!

Good Luck

WD

Sean H
21st Dec 2005, 17:55
Can anyone tell me what are the exact requiriments for a FATPL(A)? the amount hrs etc , rough cost?

thanks

ifleeplanes
22nd Dec 2005, 07:40
Unfortunatly Sean your question has huge variables so is very difficult to answer with any exact figure or hours. The differences come about depndent on where you train and the route you follow. There are many many exams and flight tests along the way some of them such as the instrument rating can cost several thousand pounds, so having to re take flight tests can add large sums to the total cost.

A starting figure would be VERY approximatly £35-£40,000 STG Modular and £65-£70000 Integrated. As I have said there are huge variables to the above figures. Also in this age you can also expect to have to pay for a type rating when you have your CPL IR (commonly called a FATPL) and that can add another £20,000 to the costs.

Good luck