PDA

View Full Version : Is Air NZ finished with hiring??

Aslan
19th Dec 2005, 06:29
I just heard that recruitment had finished doing a bash of selection and had their candidates for the next year. Is this really the case or just the standard answer?

I seem to hear this on a fairly regularly basis from recruitment. Anybody in the know??

P.S. my file is 'attractive' and I have a moderate amount of bells & whistles etc.

Thanks heaps for your help in advance.
Aslan

Cloud Cutter
19th Dec 2005, 21:08
The applicants on the last round of interviews (a couple of weeks ago) were told that their interviews were nearly canceled, and only saved by the decision being made too late. Successful applicants were told not to expect starts until 2007 as all courses originally scheduled for next year have been canceled.

Of course these things are always subject to change, but the general consensus at this stage is no more interviews until late next year.

Unfortunately this will have a flow on effect for those pilots waiting on starts or upgrades with Eagle and Mount Cook. Pilots going to Air Nelson should not be affected as their requirements stem mainly from a shortage of Saab pilots after delays with the Q300.

Still though, what’s a year in aviation? Although I do feel for the guys and girls stuck in GA. Musical chairs!

Aslan
20th Dec 2005, 08:32
Hi Cloud Cutter,

Thanks for the info. While ignorance is sometimes bliss I suppose it's better to know where one stands...

Aslan

Cloud Cutter
20th Dec 2005, 19:52
Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. It seems strange to me that up until a few months ago there were forecasts of 60 pilots required in 2006. I guess there are around 20 now sitting on yes letters. The initial reason for the slow down was attributed to the delayed introduction of the 777, however I think that one's wearing a bit thin now. Maybe there has been a strategic change of tack - anyone care to elaborate?

apache
20th Dec 2005, 21:35
who is in charge of recruitment nowadays ?

propaganda
21st Dec 2005, 08:13
Changes underway with the A320 fleet , as well ....Freedom
to be operating all the A320's is the rumour..

Cloud Cutter
21st Dec 2005, 19:25
Well surely they need more A320 piltos? Or are there enough of the Air NZ pilots converted to cover it? Freedom are still rediculously short. Am I correct in saying the final A320 (OJN) has only just arrived?

haughtney1
21st Dec 2005, 19:52
Yeah cloud...I can imagine the floodgates opening at Easyjet with all the Kiwi 319 drivers running home to these 320 opportunities:)

Margy in recruitment needs to answer her phone though!!

:rolleyes:

CT7
24th Dec 2005, 04:32
Sounds about right.
No entry positions in 2006. Those with yes letters to expect some movement in 2007.
No A320 OR B737 courses in 2006.
S/O positions on the B777 to be filled internally.
So those hanging out for a B777 S/O start and have given up earlier courses, bugger!

The old addage still stands. Take the first job offered!
Merry Christmas!

mattyj
24th Dec 2005, 06:14
Wasn't that the Cathay recruitment man at NZAA the other day waving at Crews on gates 43 to 48 through the wire fence...?

C'mon, don't tell me none of you saw him??

Apparently hes offering cash for a photocopy of the eagle crew roster:p :p :p

BCF Breath
24th Dec 2005, 06:17
As the Tui add goes...

"Yeah, Right!"

Mind you, someone has to hire them.......

Dodgy Boy
28th Dec 2005, 15:47
Going on Air NZ's previous history with demand v's recruitment, the redundancies should be starting soon......sorry chaps we got the numbers wrong bla bla.......etc

Cloud Cutter
29th Dec 2005, 07:27
Another reason being given for the slow down is the earlier than expected retirement of a couple of 767s.

max rate
29th Dec 2005, 17:38
:8 And the later than expected retirement of the over 60s:rolleyes:

pakeha-boy
1st Jan 2006, 16:22
haughty1....floodgates for sure.Have never been contacted by AirNZ(until now),yet recieved a call,and e-mail to update my Airbus time....:hmm: