PDA

View Full Version : Curious job requirement.

Googlewac
18th Dec 2005, 21:36
Good to see a lot of jobs being pinned on the AFAP website but I'm just curious to know why a Nth Qld charter company would "preferably" require Yr 12 Maths and Physics?

If you don't have these and dont have the iclination to do yr 12 again how would you get this requirement?

Defenestrator
19th Dec 2005, 00:30
PP probably figgers if QF want you to have it then so does he. LMAO. Sometimes I even make myself laugh :p :} :E

Seriously though I reckon I'd be pretty close to the money in thinking that the operator only wants the best for his employees so the best opportunites will be given to those that will have the best quals to get into QF, DJ, CX, etc when they have the required flight experience.

:ok:

airway_manual
19th Dec 2005, 01:42
Sound like Pauly P.... wants guys and girls to move from savannah to QF and the like.

Has the pay gone up from 27K? I doubt it.

TeleMaPhone
19th Dec 2005, 07:32
I'm still waiting for the day honesty is struck, and the job requirements of 'being good at gardening and washing (floors, planes, etc)' is advertised... or are these usually bonus extras you find out about on your first grade three instructor job?

Defenestrator
19th Dec 2005, 09:27
Telemaphone,
I think you'll find that a job with PP is as good as any in the charter world of GA. Wash planes, sweep the odd hanger floor, wash the bosses car from time to time, answer a phone here and there, generally be a good employee that looks after the interests of the business that is making the money necessary to pay your wage. The difference with PP is that you'll spend the bulk of your time flying well maintained and very nice twin engined aircraft.
If thats not for you then don't bang off a CV to him. I can't comment on other areas of the GA industry but play the game with PP and in 18mths to 2 yrs time your logbook will look very sweet to any prospective future employer.
And you might just learn a thing or two whilst there.
You may be employed to fly aircraft but don't crack the sads if the boss gives you a few non-flying related jobs when there is not much on...........and bring a bloody good fishing rod, you'll have the time of your life.
:ok: