PDA

View Full Version : NAC Accom

d2k73
18th Dec 2005, 16:31
Just wondering wat is the name & address of the accomodation that NAC provide? I've tried a search but cant seem to find anything!
Cheers
Danny

Charlie Zulu
18th Dec 2005, 16:42
Do you mean their own accommodation or the hotel that they use?

If the hotel then it'll be the Wellesley Inn, 1555 5Th Avenue South
Naples, FL 34102.

http://www.wellesleyinnandsuites.com/hotels/listhotel.php?code=WLNL

d2k73
18th Dec 2005, 16:45
Hey Charlie

Sorry i mean the apartments they use...

Thanks for your help.

Danny

AndyDRHuddleston
19th Dec 2005, 08:56
They have a few private rentals, one is called Parrot House which is about a mile to the south east of the airport, and the other is located at Winter Park, just further to the south east off Davis Blvd.

If you are staying longer than just a few weeks, most people either rent a place at River Reach to the North, rent privately or get in touch with current students that may have a spare room for rent.

I had a great time at Naples, I'm sure you'll have the same.

ADRH

raceeend
21st Dec 2005, 15:49
I bett you did Andy :D When are you going back? And how far are you in the training at the moment?

Greetings

:ok: Dutchie Stoner:ok: @ least that's how James called me :-)

PILOTOWL
21st Dec 2005, 18:10
TWIT-TWOO!
My friend just come back, Her thoughts:-

wellesley inn - full of refugees from the hurricane.
NAC - too many students not enough Instructors or Examiners budget for another month.
You will need a car the place is "open plan" it's a 20 minute drive to every where. ($55 per day).

We worked it out that She saved absolutely nothing by going there. I told her to stick to a UK school but hey, what do I know?

This is the best one - add $3 per hour for insurance. It's not included in the price. Absolutely shocking:oh:

TWIT-TWOO!!

Ninety-Nines
21st Dec 2005, 23:24
Included in the rental price is insurance to cover everything from total aircraft damage to hospital bills to the big shiny jet that you may taxi into :ugh:

The OPTIONAL $3.00 per hour covers the excess which the student renter is responsible for if they do not have their own private pilot insurance to cover this. You can take it ir leave it, or get your own insurance. A good place to go is:

www.duinsure.com

VisaGeeza
24th Dec 2005, 08:25
PILOTOWL, You are having a laugh or speaking with ignorance I think! 55 Bucks a day for a car? It must have been a Limo! 20 mins drive to anywhere? where is anywhere? Miami? Ft Myers?and why need a car? was she trying to preserve a fat @rse? As you say, the place is open plan and flat! use a bike if U need transport! or shock horror - walk! It's rarely fatal and is good cardio vascular excercise!

You speak like somebody who has trained in the Uk now realising that you have wasted months and loads of money! You could have gone to Florida, saved a bundle, and had a memorable time as well. :)

How many pilot hours do you actually have in the USA?

apruneuk
24th Dec 2005, 09:51
A couple of years ago I did my CPL/IR at NAC and stayed at the Wellesley Inn. I found it clean and comfortable and cost me about $800 for a month.
Most people either buy or hire a push-bike while they are there although the locals do find it a bit odd to see someone actually getting around under their own steam! Be careful cycling on the main roads around the airport perimeter, though (much safer on the pavement though almost certainly illegal).
As far as my experience at NAC went, I felt that they were well geared up for intensive PPLs with lots of Cessnas/PA28s but I had to complete my Multi IR with a small German outfit on the airfield after their only twin was landed wheels up by one of their students. They were also light on IR instructors while I was there but had plenty of PPL instructors. I could well have come home without having completed the course and was very lucky to find someone who could help out. The instruction that I had was actually very good and it may well be that NAC have specialized more in CPL training now. Good luck.

B2N2
27th Dec 2005, 14:58
That "small German outfit" has grown a little bit in recent years..;)

apruneuk
28th Dec 2005, 08:11
B2N2, I have sent you a pm. Regards to all at European-American Aviation - Top flight school (I speak from experience!).

d2k73
28th Dec 2005, 23:31
Thanks for all your info, very much appreciated!

I know its a long way away yet, but if there is anyone starting the CPP in NAC in october and wants to share an apartment let me know!!

Thanks again!

Danny