PDA

View Full Version : "Track to Attack"

PinkFlyer
18th Dec 2005, 14:37
Anyone remember the RAF Nav work cycle video "Track to Attack"?

Planning and flying an IP to Target run in a Hawk, Tucano and Bulldog the techniques involved etc. Think it was made sometime in the 80/s or early 90s.

Anyone got a copy of this great Nav video?

Better yet is it online anywhere?

Cheers Pink

PlasticCabDriver
18th Dec 2005, 16:50
Not the one that went along along the lines of:

"What are you going to do now, John?"
"Look out and fly accurately, Sir"
"Well done, John!"

etc etc

sonicstomp
18th Dec 2005, 17:17
"Map down, fly accurately, keep a good lookout!"

A true classic!

Elmlea
18th Dec 2005, 17:22
So what happened to the guy from Track to Attack? Did his rock-solid workcycle see him to the Harrier and beyond? :)

Phil_McCrevis
19th Dec 2005, 11:40
It's all about the cresent shaped wood. Every proper IP to target run should have one!

Hot Charlie
19th Dec 2005, 21:50
Anyone got a copy of this great Nav video?

Groundschool at Linton certainly have...:O

Lord Harry Flashman
20th Dec 2005, 10:14
If you're lucky they may even sort you out with a copy of "Tucano ... NOW!" Another 80s classic.

BEagle
20th Dec 2005, 13:54
All we had was some clattering 16mm film of a Yank in an A-4:

"This water tower at Eclectic will make a good visual feature"

He had a huge thick red line on his chart which looked as though it had been drawn with a 1/4 inch paintbrush.

Then there was the Jet Provost film which I think was mainly aimed at the Finningley JP navigator students. If I recall correctly, 'Jim' was the student?

Dan Winterland
20th Dec 2005, 14:48
I remember that one. I seem to recall it featured a certain Acting Pilot Officer Bairsto and advocated using a 1/2 penny coin to draw your turning circle.

clicker
25th Dec 2005, 07:38
I recall seeing a safety film, back in the 70's, on FOD that featured a Dominie and a rock ape on a bike who had been picking mushrooms.

Oh, in case you wonder why I'm posting at 0840 on Crimbo day. Cos I'm working. Or should that go on the "Can you believe it" thread?