PDA

View Full Version : Questions about flight training opportunities in foreign countries

flying_sinclair
18th Dec 2005, 12:27
Hallo Everybody!

At first i want to introduce myself. My name is Alex , I`m 19 years old and come frome Germany. Like many others in this board, my big Dream is becoming a commecial pilot.

Unfortunately, as some of you surely know, the job offer and flight-training opportunities are very bad in Germany. The Training, if it is private financiated, is too expensive, so there is only the Lufthansa Company who recruits their own Pilots. The chance to graduate at the Test Center is almost 4%.

So from this folllows that I am looking for alternative abilities in foreign countries, and for that apsects I have got some questions. I have to add that I already used the Search-Options on this board, but I did not find any answers according my questions. If there are already topics about a certain themes which were discussed, please don`t be angry and just give me the link ;) .

- Well, I am very interested ine the airline South African Airways. I know that they got their own Cadet pilot training , and I´m thinking about applying for that training. The problem is, that you must have South African Citizenship, which I do not have. Does anyone of you know anything about that training programme?

- As far as I know do further airlines train their pilots, like Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines. Can you tell me if they also offer positions for foreigners? In additions to that there are airlines like Malev and Air France with their own flying school, but I do not speak hungary and french at all .

Please correct if I am wrong with any statement.

I would be grateful about your answer.

King regards

Sinclair

portsharbourflyer
18th Dec 2005, 12:56
For the Cathay and Singapore cadet schemes you will need to be citizen of the relevant country. You could try getting a Hong Kong girlfriend marry her and get citizenship that way, but aside from that self funding is really the only option these days.

Germany is a JAA member state, so you could obtain your JAA license in either Spain or the UK.

The CTC wings ab-initio scheme is something you could consider.

birdlady
18th Dec 2005, 13:29
Hi Flying

SAA will not take on foreigners. I suggest that you do a search under the african forum and all will become clear. :ok: :ok: :E :E

flying_sinclair
18th Dec 2005, 21:03
Hey,

firstifall thank you for your answer.

@ birdlady, i searched in the African Aviation Forum to get more knowledge about it. I must admit that it sometimes very difficult to understand the lines, but i found out that SAA prefers Native Africans for their cadet Programme to set a sign against Apartheid, right?

So the next days I will try to come along with these colloqiual-written posts :)

@ portsharbourflyer I informed myself about CTC Wings. It seems to me that it is a normal flying school, can you tell me sth about the prices?

Sinclair