PDA

View Full Version : Skyeurope

ccc111
18th Dec 2005, 09:39
just a quick question to see if any one who has applied to skyeurope, has recieved a response from them , or how long it was for people from applying to attending an interview.
Also were they had to go for the interview.

Cheers.

Sky_Captain
18th Dec 2005, 12:35
Tried twice with them over the last 6-8 weeks, still had no response from them yet :(

S.C.

BAP
18th Dec 2005, 13:54
Hi.

I have also tried my luck with them twice now, over the last 6 months, and still no reply (Accept for the confirmation of course)….

/BAP

Sky_Captain
19th Dec 2005, 10:11
Does anybody know what the situation is with SkyEurope :confused:
Are they recruiting or just filling their quota with guys from EagleJet :eek: I have been informed of plenty of their pilots on the interview list for Ryanair, so if that's the case will they be recruiting type rated people :ugh:

S.C. :ok:

Bail out
19th Dec 2005, 14:14
All the best with the job search guys...

Sky gave me my first job, which was fantastic. Based in BTS and KRK on the 737. Soon got 1000 hrs and left for a UK charter company. Many of my mates and now also back in the UK, operating for BA, Easy, Ryan, Thomson and Flyglobespan.

Nice little number, friendly staff, new aircraft, lots of flying, long 4 sector days, only problem was the money!!!

Spoke today to HR girl and a FO still with the company, they need people... 4 NG in the new year going to KRK, with more to follow. Lots of semi exp drivers leaving, for richer pastures....

also did i mention the girls..... wow....

Best of luck

B

Sky_Captain
19th Dec 2005, 14:56
Bail Out, if you have a chance, could you make some room in your PM box?

Regards,

S.C.

european champion
19th Dec 2005, 15:34
I also think of applying to them?anyone knows who is the right person to talk to?would it help if i was going to chech republic and talk to them in person?

MD12
20th Dec 2005, 11:29
Hi,

B737 rated, who´s the right peson to talk with?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

MD

reality check
31st Dec 2005, 10:38
European Champion

If you do decide to visit the 'chech republic' to talk to them in person I would strongly recommend that you talk very loud.

Alternativly you could cross the border and try a chat in the Slovak Republic.

European Champion? Get a European Atlas!

european champion
10th Jan 2006, 14:04
Anyone knows how much they pay their beginners first officers?im filling their application form,there is somewhere a question 'what is your expected salary',id like to know what they pay.

pimo
10th Jan 2006, 18:39
1300-1500 euro a month

european champion
10th Jan 2006, 19:27
Thanks.i guess that shouldnt be bad for living in bratislava,the cost of living must be relatively low.

TheFlyingDJ
10th Jan 2006, 21:19
Nice to know, but what IS the deal nowadays with them?
Are they still in need or is it full for now?
Like others, i'd like to start off with them too.
Bail Out, did you get there straight with them or through an agency?

portsharbourflyer
10th Jan 2006, 22:56
On the application form it asks if you have a valid work permit for Hungary, Poland or the Slovak republic? Is it necessary to have a work permit for these countries? I thought these were now European Union member states; such that any EU citizen would be able to work there without requiring additional "paperwork".

Jetavia
10th Jan 2006, 23:34
If you look carefully at the form you will see that there is a question "Are you a EU citizen?" just before the "have you got a valid workpermit for" select that you are a EU citizen and the work permit options will not be selectable since you are EU citizen. :eek:

portsharbourflyer
11th Jan 2006, 18:49
Thanks.

Feeling a bit daft considering the answer was so simple.

no sponsor
11th Jan 2006, 19:08
Not entirely true. If you are a German or French citizen, EU membership does not allow you to work in Poland. It is due to those countries not permitting the Poles, or other ascendency states citizens, to work in their countries until later in the decade. If you are a British citizen, you can work in Poland without any further paperwork, as the UK placed no restriction on these new states citizens working in the UK.

DrLecter-HH
13th Jan 2006, 18:04
Does anybody know what kind of pilots they´re searching for!? I´m 737 Type Rated and speak the Polish language. I have applied two times for a Polish base and no answer!!!

manuel.stocker
14th Jan 2006, 09:43
I showed up two weeks ago personnally at SkyEurope in Bratislava. Nice talk for 20 min ... No chance with Frozen-ATPL for the moment, they are also hardly looking for type-rated persons. Anyone interested I can post the contact of the responsible in private.