PDA

View Full Version : Classic links?

sumps
17th Dec 2005, 21:47
A week or so ago I was skimming through a whole load of threads form the past. I think it was called classic links, started by SPHL.

Any one know where it went? :confused: :confused: :confused:

On_The_Top_Bunk
17th Dec 2005, 23:13
looks like it has been removed.

A search for SirPeterHardingsLovechild doesnt bring it up.

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
18th Dec 2005, 08:53
The Mods removed it, they PM'd me, 'when threads have run their course there is no future in bringing them back'.

I disagree, but its their train set.

There are some fantastic threads out there, the daddy being I wish I hadn't said that... (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48116) and one of my favorites, The 1 Gp Dining In Night at Waddington (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48124) And my own gift to the nation Ascoteers Multiple Choice (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91383)

I noted down the number of views registered on some of the threads I posted links to, and 'I wish I hadn't said that...' got 412 visits in the short 12 hrs that my thread survived. If PPRuNe is funded by advertising, that would be a good thing, no?

And harmless.

Ho Hum

Maybe the Mods will reconsider, comments please

SPHLC

SirToppamHat
18th Dec 2005, 19:55
SPHL

Wise words old chap. I was impressed that you had taken the trouble to dig them all out, and disappointed that your efforts were deleted by the mods.

When referring people to this site, I always recommend 'I wish I hadn't said that', and now I'm back in Lincs, the story of the 1 Gp Dinner Night is classic.

So, if you're looking for support, you have mine, and I guess anyone who has joined in the last 6 mths would appreciate being pointed in the right direction - after all, you can't really do a search on 'Classic Threads'.

STH

Mmmmnice
19th Dec 2005, 01:16
it is useful to be able to re-vist some of the classics - did buff hoon continue/go on to write professionally? he certainly had an entertaining line of banter that was spot on with the topicality!

speeddial
19th Dec 2005, 07:35
'when threads have run their course there is no future in bringing them back'

Ok...but parts of this forum are the only place some military history has ever been documented.

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
19th Dec 2005, 19:43
Presactly!

Another 574 visits to 'I wish...' since my post above.

However, if you scroll to the bottom of the Military Aircrew page and select - 'Number of views' - 'Descending' - 'From the begginning', most of the Classics will be there before you, or just a couple of pages away. Don't all do it at once, by the way!

I still believe that the casual PPRuNer should be directed to what we can be proud of. Some people live their life on PPRuNe, but others have shorter concentration spans, or better things to do.

Being a desk Johnny until Jan 06, I've been to all the Xmas piss-ups for the first time this year, and the chats often covered PPRuNe, but with a fair few chaps of the opinion that it is inhabited by mad cretins.

Take a look at the Herc Down thread and see how many people registered in Feb '05, and haven't been back since.

More comments invited.

SPHLC

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
21st Dec 2005, 17:24
Hi Gang;

I think that it's nice to reminisce too about some of the lively banter covered in Classic Threads like Movers v Loadies and the such like.

Threads don't die,they merely mature and become Classics over time.

It would be a downright shame if they were consigned forever to the ether!!!

Regards to Most;
SFS:cool: