PDA

View Full Version : UK License

Poison35
17th Dec 2005, 06:33
I live in South Africa and am very interested in moving to Europe. What are the possibilities of getting into a commercial airline there. How will I be able to convert my SA CAA ATPL. I, unfortunately, do not have Europian citizenship.

johnnybgoode
17th Dec 2005, 13:21
i've also looked into it. as far as i'm aware you will have to complete the JAR subjects of which there are 11. thereafter do the flight test. if you have more than 1000hrs on medium(or multi-crew certified) a/c you will be able to do the atpl flight test. if not then you will have a cpl until such time as you qualify with the afore mentioned requirements. you can find the info/law on the UK CAA website.

A320rider
17th Dec 2005, 13:33
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in South England and am very interested in moving to South Africa. What are the possibilities of getting into a commercial airline there. How will I be able to convert my JAA UK CAA ATPL. I, unfortunately, do not have South African citizenship.

:rolleyes:

GARDENER
17th Dec 2005, 15:29
320Rider I believe it would be nice for everyone on this forum if you pissed off to somewhere where you did not have internet access...unfortunately they have it in SA.

A320rider
17th Dec 2005, 16:12
!!!!!sorry!!!!:p

cavortingcheetah
18th Dec 2005, 12:40
;)
Just a quick aside here, if I may please.

Notwithstanding any licence problems I don't think that anyone wouldl be easily able to get a job in Europe without an EU passport, nor in SouthAfrica without a South African one. In the South Africa of today the would be job applicant, notwithstanding his citizenship, is faced with a truly racist governmental infrastructure which has permeated all areas of industry.:ooh: