PDA

View Full Version : Play.com

LGW15
16th Dec 2005, 19:39
Anyone ordered from play.com?
I have ordered a PC game yesterday evening and want to check progress and it doesn't say whether it is sent or not.
I checked this afternoon and it said 'packing' and now this evening it says 'processing' which apparently means the credit card is being verified.

First time using play.com and must say don't think I will use again as it is cheap and nasty to me - amazon.co.uk give you clear info about your order even being a little dearer.

Background Noise
16th Dec 2005, 19:44
Yes, many times and always very good, quick service.

LGW15
16th Dec 2005, 19:59
If you have ordered before can you tell me how long it takes them to send the item and how long they waste collecting payment as it still says 'processing' so what does that mean?
Do they email when they send?

timmcat
16th Dec 2005, 21:16
Yep, they are great - cracking service and good prices. Well recommended. Yes, they do email when product despatched (usually the next day in my experience).

Background Noise
17th Dec 2005, 14:03
Can't remember all the details. Just checked my order history and my last order was posted the following day and arrived a day or 2 later. I guess this close to christmas things may be a bit slower - presumably all the stuff was in stock?

LGW15
17th Dec 2005, 14:35
Yeah it is all in stock apparently but still says 'processing'.
Very confusing anyway and although I have ordered once from play.com before I never checked the status as it was in the middle of the year but wish I could cancel now (can't because it says processing :mad: ) because it does not say it has been sent and for all I know it could be still 'processing' on Tuesday and sent on Wednesday and never get to me for christmas!!!

spannersatcx
17th Dec 2005, 16:43
Used them many times never had a problem, usually shipped within 24hrs of ordering and normally arives within 3 days.

never get to me for christmas It may get shipped in time for xmas, however it's the post office that could let you down now!

My advice, order in November for xmas.;)

Daysleeper
18th Dec 2005, 16:35
I used it last month

ordered 27th Nov (confirmation email)
Posted 28th Nov (dispatch email)

arrived 1st Dec.

Not bad really, lot cheaper than amazon but not as user friendly.

bacardi walla
29th Dec 2005, 10:48
I always use them if I need something quick. Never had any problems. Cheap as chips too :p

Le Pen
1st Jan 2006, 17:37
Used it a LOT for Xmas. I live in France, so the free postage thing is a real bonus. Love it.

LP

Black Sheep One
2nd Jan 2006, 20:20
Have used Play many times, and have always been very happy with the service. I also strongly recommend CDWOW.COM for great prices and service.

leonbrumsack
2nd Jan 2006, 20:27
I too have used play.com a number of times and have never had any problems - always quick and helpful service.