PDA

View Full Version : error message with outlook express

RAC/OPS
16th Dec 2005, 10:54
Hi there. Trying to check emails this morning and got the following message on outlook express:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.onetel.com', Server: 'mail.onetel.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I signed in separately to onetel and got new mail from there, signed out and went back to outlook. No error message and all new emails were there. Subsequently re opening outlook, got the same error message again. Any ideas?

BOAC
16th Dec 2005, 11:12
Have had the same problem with onetel for a while. I have also been shouting at them for allowing email 'distribution lists' to send viruses to my address:mad:

Their email system has been slow of late.

Conan the Librarian
16th Dec 2005, 18:05
Think your ISP may be having what is technically known, as a "Bad Day" Drop them an email (if you can) should it persist, but my bet is that tomorrow, it will be fine.

Conan

BOAC
16th Dec 2005, 19:00
Absolutely, Conan, but the 'bad day' has been going on for about a week!

On another thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201834) I complained about the HUGE amount of virus/spam I get from them that is not actually ADDRESSED to me - they are in the middle of telling me it is to do with a 'distribution list'. If I am a 'typical' user I suspect the onetel system is getting overloaded with all the 'incorrect' email traffic?

RAC/OPS
17th Dec 2005, 14:25
Yep it seems to have sorted itself out today, and all is well. BOAC, I haven't been having any problems like that!! Never get spam etc. Thanks for the replies!