PDA

View Full Version : online application or not

speedrestriction
15th Dec 2005, 12:50
I hope to complete MEIR MCC and JOT early in the new year. Does anyone else find it irritating that when you go on to Flybe's website and they won't allow you register your C.V. details because you don't happen to have the paperwork in hand. Surely a projected completion date would be sufficient until you actually do get your paperwork through. I particularly want to work for this company but it seems that I wont be able to throw my hat into the FO wannabe ring for at least another two months.

rant over

Flying Farmer
15th Dec 2005, 17:43
Why the rant? under JAR you are not qualified yet! the MCC is needed to fly multi crew.
BA require xxx amount of hours on an aircraft over 20 tonnes shall I just tell them I will have those hours sometime in 2007 :\

Pilot Pete
15th Dec 2005, 19:44
Its the old supply and demand thing again. Whilst they have plenty of qualified applicants, why should make provision for accepting applications from non-qualified applicants?

PP

wingbar
16th Dec 2005, 12:12
Pilot Pete, I absolutely agree sir!

WB

speedrestriction
18th Dec 2005, 10:14
I was more thinking along the lines that by the time they might ever reach my C.V. (i.e. 18 months time if I'm lucky) I would have the ratings etc. and would have updated with the relevant information.

Pilot Pete
20th Dec 2005, 16:10
I was more thinking along the lines that by the time they might ever reach my C.V. (i.e. 18 months time if I'm lucky) I would have the ratings etc. and would have updated with the relevant information.

Well I don't see the problem then! As soon as you get qualified, fill in the application. If you miss out this time round, then that's just life. If they start adding in 'projected' qualifications-in-hand dates then it would become as complicated and incorrect as full time flying school bookings!

Like I said, they have enough candidates applying with everything in place, so can't justify wasting time on someone who 'may' have all their requirements at some time in the future.

Good luck.

PP

speedrestriction
23rd Dec 2005, 12:04
Fair point. i suppose patience is a virtue!!

Maude Charlee
24th Dec 2005, 11:42
Whilst I can understand your frustration at not being able to get started, I would hope that you can also understand the frustration of those of us who took over a year to go through the entire recruitment process from start to finish at flybe, presumably because recruitment resources were being tied up dealing with people like yourselves. It swings both ways my friend, but rest assured it is worth the wait, and there will be jobs a plenty for the next few years at least should things go to plan, so be patient and spend your time wisely.