PDA

View Full Version : FS add ons

markflyer6580
14th Dec 2005, 20:32
f:mad: g computers!

Got hold of a freeware add on for Fs2004,on the readme it says send file to fs2004 aircraft folder,(by send I assume it means move since right click send does not give the option to send it there),and copy effects file to effects folder.
I have done so and when I check in the fs 20004 files you can see the new files of the add on.

The problem is when you are in the game and create a flight,the aircraft is not there?????

Not sure why and i certainly don't know how to sort it,Its a shame there are no good sims for PS2 since I have one of those for games as p.c's are sh1t:{

HELP PLEASE

It is a TBM 700 add on from avsim.com if that helps.....

zoink
14th Dec 2005, 21:23
are the files you copy to the aircraft folder read only?

are you replacing any files or just adding new files?

markflyer6580
14th Dec 2005, 21:53
just adding new files,not sure if they are read only or not but I would assume they would be the right type to work with the sim,it was a fairly large download.

joe2812
14th Dec 2005, 22:02
You didn't add it with FS open did you? If so, try restarting.

markflyer6580
14th Dec 2005, 23:06
tried that still didn't work,if you go to settings -scenery-add ons you can find the file but still can't do it?

EGTE
15th Dec 2005, 06:09
You need to extract the TBM700 file to the Aircraft folder within FS2004, not the Addon Scenery file. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft

Then, in the Aircraft folder you will see a folder named TBM700. In that folder is a file named Effects. Open it and cut and paste the file contained therein (fx_vclight_TBM.fx) to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Effects

Start FS2004, go to Socata on the aircraft selection menu and voila!

markflyer6580
15th Dec 2005, 11:20
Thanks for that chaps EGTE,that worked and it now works on the sim,however there was no effects file in the aircraft folder? The radio stack has no power as such,although the stormscope works so I'm not sure if that is due to the lack of an effects file,I'm glad aircraft are easier to operate than p.c's,I would never have got one started otherwise.:}